+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OP I think you're more capable than you may think. You can do it and you will be fine. A carrier or sling will help if you need to hold bub a lot.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (26-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Hows the feeding going hun? Do you wrap jim when you put him down?

I second the swing or bouncer while he's awake.

Dr Harvey Kerp has some great settling advice. You can google his principles. I'd strongly recommend a strong swaddle.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (26-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im actually going to take him to the doctor next week as im starting to suspect he has reflux

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Im actually going to take him to the doctor next week as im starting to suspect he has reflux

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Good idea, I was going to mention it again. Go to the RISA website and print off their checklist as many GPs don't understand or even believe in silent reflux and can pass you off as a naive first time mum, but don't let them.

Being armed with the check list will absolutely help!

Good luck hun.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (26-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, no advice, but just wanted to say that it sounds like you're doing a great job. The early days are so hard - everything seems like it's going to be this way forever. I was lucky to have a fairly cruisey newborn, but there were still days in the first few weeks where she'd be awake for 6 or more hours on end and I was beside myself. It's amazing, as 6 hours without a baby is such a short time.

Things will get better in time. Do not take it personally. You are your baby's world and he adores you, even if he does show it by screaming. I hope your doctors visit helps. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my daughter was a newborn, I always tried to have her awake for no longer than about an hour, including feeding, bathing, playtime etc. I found any longer than that and she was really hard to get to sleep as she was overtired.
    Maybe you could try lying down to feed, then you can drift off and have a nap while bub feeds next to you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

inner hippy  (26-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are doing a great job, those first weeks are brutal. The days are long but the weeks are short, hang in there.

I second a stretchy wrap my DD was always in one. She was (is) a high needs baby, it was 12 weeks before i could put her down only happy in the stretchy, on the boob or being held in the 'colic hold' being bounced, oh and I was NEVER allowed to sit down.. She wouldnt even toleratevthe pram till she ws 4mths old, by 5mths she would fall asllep in the pra, m at 7mths she started falling asleep in the car for the first tim and now all I hear is how happy and 'good' she is.

Excellent advice so far, if you can spend 10min at night or in the morning before hubby goes getting some food organised it will help. Also stash some water bottles around 4he house so you can grab some water through the day. One next to the change table, on the coffee table, in you room.

I found the more i tried to fight it tge more anxious and stressed i became, when i just accepted that my baby would only sleep on me or wanted to feed constantly i just felt better.

Im not sure if you are breastfeeding but if you are remember that babies breastfeed for comfort, thirst, pain relief and hunger. So if he is upset andvwont settle maybe he a comfort feed would work.

Hang in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I watched a DVD on iTunes called happiest baby on the block. It helped immediately when I applied the strategies.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I haven't read all of the replies but check out Dunstan Baby Language. There's a great Oprah interview on YouTube and some other videos as well. I only discovered it at about 12 weeks just before it changes and I so wish I'd discovered it earlier because it was spot on!

I found out about it when I posted saying "I still don't understand his cries!" and someone mentioned it. I was in tears when I watched it because I recognised the sounds as ones DS made! It was sooooo nice to go from doing a checklist of things that might be wrong when he was unhappy to immediately giving him whatever he actually needed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Gah! I had a whole reply and my phone ap crashed!

I'll keep this one short.

Please print off this reflux checklist to take to the GP.

http://www.reflux.org.au/wp-content/...doctors-V1.pdf

Your DS fits soooo many of these symptoms (it doesn't need to be all of them).

You could watch every video and read every resource under the sun about different cries but with a silent reflux bub, they don't matter - my DD only had 1 cry - a scream! I note you also refer to your DSs cries as a scream and you know him best.

Please PM me if you need. I don't mean to completely discount the other advice in your threads, but for me personally, I'll always rule out all medical issues first given my experience with DD.