+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Which daycare would u pick

1st choice is half price of second one but I know ds will watch tv sometimes and have some unhealthier food options which does grate me but half the price. . Plus ds will know some kids at this centre and I know he would still be happy there ane the carers I know of and are nice

2nd place as I say more expensive but better facilities. Ds wont know anyone here but of course he will make friends.. he is 2. The only thing putting me off is the cost. The carers I have met and seem lovely too.

Which would u choose? Would u go for double the price just for better play stuff and knowing your child will get no tv and better food? Ds isnt full time either..

I just cant make my mind up.. when I do I keep going back and changing it again so please help me..

We dont have money to splash but I dont want to skimp on what would be best for ds either with education type things..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess it depends, what sort of unhealthy food are they feeding the children? I've never heard of a child care centre feeding unhealthy food. I've actually never heard of one having tv on either. I would probably go for the more expensive option.
    I'd like my children to get a lot of stimulation by playing and interacting with other children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should have said the first centre is family run which is why they get away with the tv

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Is the first one a family day care?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would choose option 2. Friends don't come into it with me, kids make friends.

Is the first choice family day care or a centre?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Option 2!

DD got fed terrible food at her first daycare centre (age 1-2) and it ruined her palette I think! Red jelly, fairy bread, sausage rolls, tinned fruit. Babies eating all that!

Her next daycare cost more but was healthy. Much better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is the first one a family day care? I won't use them due to previous bad experiences but that's just me. I found it unreliable.

Ultimately I would send my child to the facility where I know they would be happiest. Plus I prefer there to be structured activities throughout the day as well as free play.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you can afford it, option 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. . I think deep down I knew.. the food thing worries me but I tried to make excuses that its only twice a week etc etc but still not good enough..
    Your opinions helped cement it for me.
    Going to change him now.. I just called the centre and they can have him anytime now so now to tell ds he is moving..