+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have suffered from migraines my whole life and took panadeine after first trimester when I needed but tried to use it sparingly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I forgot to add - vaporiser! that helps me clear my head overnight. I have an aromatherapy one aswell with a special oil for headaches

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was told by my OB and also a drugs consultant working at my hospital that taking paracetamol with codeine in it was safe during pregnancy. I also asked the chemist himself when buying them and he said it was fine also.

Just be careful OP, I read you said you were going to start taking your magnesium sups now but just remember that magnesium may already be present in your pregnancy multivitamin (if you're taking one) and long term use of magnesium sups can be harmful as well. I take it as a supplement (I get migraines and leg muscle night cramps) but stop after a couple of weeks and take a break before resuming.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If you've cut out coffee I would look at reintroducing it, I couldn't stomach coffee when I was pregnant with DD and was getting awful migraines. I forced myself to drink it and they stopped. My GP advised caffeine can help with migraines, and is fine as long as you don't have more than 1 or 2 a day (depending on the strength if the coffee)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    If you've cut out coffee I would look at reintroducing it, I couldn't stomach coffee when I was pregnant with DD and was getting awful migraines. I forced myself to drink it and they stopped. My GP advised caffeine can help with migraines, and is fine as long as you don't have more than 1 or 2 a day (depending on the strength if the coffee)
    Actually DP was drinking coffee to help with her migraines too. Her GP said that cutting it out might have triggered some of them. Strange.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Yes I agree. I had migraines during pregnancy and caffeine twice a day helped keep them at bay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have taken magnesium 500 mg per day and low dose of endep -25 mg. It's no fun. Hope you find something that works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not unusual to get headaches when you not pregnant, May be it could be the nature's way of preparing you to be the mother of a teenager. Paracetamol, however it is considered safe for occasional use.

I came across the article Headache During Pregnancy. I thought this could useful for you and it could help you out by taking safer alternatives.

visit the site
    whattoexpect and search for the article with the tile.

While

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eye test