+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Panadol osteo is stronger but you can only take it 3 times a day not 4. Codeine us classed as category a for pregnancy so regarded as safe - my dr had no probs with me being on it last week for my sinus headaches.
    Good to know! I think most doctors will tell people different things. Mine said no codiene which is why i said that. I stand corrected.

💜 DD1 aka Peanut 💜 Due 28.10.14

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmeleem View Post
    Good to know! I think most doctors will tell people different things. Mine said no codiene which is why i said that. I stand corrected.

💜 DD1 aka Peanut 💜 Due 28.10.14
    It's so hard when none of them seem to read the same book.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

MummaCat  (25-07-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Paracetamol is safe to use. Regular panadol you can take 2 tablets every 4-6hrs (no more than 8 tablets a day).

Panadol osteo is a slow release paracetamol at 665mg per tablet. You can take 2 tablets every 6-8hrs (no more than 6 tablets a day).

Talk to your doctor about your headaches. They should be able to prescribe something for you. Plus you'll want to keep tabs on your blood pressure.

What works for me (not pregnant) is a long hot shower. I have a hand held shower head and I sit on the floor and hold the shower head to my head, depending on which side the headache is on. It takes about an hour to go away, but it works better than any drugs I take. The hot water helps as is dilates the blood vessels allowing blood to circulate more freely. Plus it allows me to half nap while I'm there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When working at the obs office we were always told that mersyndol was safe to take too. Might be worth checking if your ob agrees

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all the responses, but paracetamol is safe. There's a fair bit of evidence showing that a combination of paracetamol & caffeine is an effective treatment for migraines - at least to lessen the pain.
    There was an interesting study I read showing that a cup of coffee combined with 1g paracetamol (2 tablets) was more effective than a tablet combining the two. I can't remember the recommended amount of caffeine though. Might be worth looking in to.

Good luck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (26-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also agree that paracetamol with codeine is safe. If in doubt ask the pharmacist as they are often more aware then doctors of the restrictions.

With the massage it sounds like you might need to start with 2 or 3 a week until the tension eases. Definitely go with a qualified masseuse. They should have a belly cushion for pregnant women (your belly goes in a hole, really comfy) or they should let you lie on your side if you are uncomfortable. If you happen to be in Perth I can give you the name of someone who fits this criteria.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was also told to try mersyndol if Panadol/caffeine didn't work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suffered with headaches and migraines from about 12 to 22 weeks. Turns out my iron was extremely low and I had a sinus infection. Once I started treatment for both of these they went away. Best to talk to your GP or OB about it in case there is an underlying cause.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was allowed panadiene when I was pregnant, I just took at sparingly when I was desperate
    I've had migraines for years, really bad ones this week actually but I realised I stopped taking my magnesium supplement and that's probably why! back on it and it's slowly working

I have the effervescent tab by Swiss that you can get at Woolies