+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default North West Hospital Brisbane

Hi everyone. Were pregnant with our first bub, due early December.
    We are wanting to know if anyone has used the deluxe rooms at north west for their stay and whether they think it's worth the extra money. I'm planning a c-section so I want hubby there for the first couple of nights to help me out. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, I had both my kids at NWP but did not spend the money on a deluxe room, mainly because (& this won't help you as you said you want him there), I sent hubby home to rest so that he could be well rested to help me at home, and I utilised the nurses while in hospital. The food at NW is awesome so I also didn't think I needed the deluxe menu for 3 days.
    I hope someone can provide info for you. FWIW I loved NW!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am due at the beginning of dec too and this will be my 4th at northwest. They have all been csection but due to having other kids my partner has never stayed so the deluxe room seemed over the top to us. As above I have found the food really good as well. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JKLandmaybeMN View Post
    I am due at the beginning of dec too and this will be my 4th at northwest. They have all been csection but due to having other kids my partner has never stayed so the deluxe room seemed over the top to us. As above I have found the food really good as well. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    I am very interested to know how your 3rd csection was and if you had/will have same Ob for all 4? My one deciding factor on baby 3 is if I can handle 3 csections. Sorry to crash the thread OP, this may bump it up for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't personally, but a good friend of mine did & now wishes she had saved the money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    I am very interested to know how your 3rd csection was and if you had/will have same Ob for all 4? My one deciding factor on baby 3 is if I can handle 3 csections. Sorry to crash the thread OP, this may bump it up for you.
    Hi mummaOJ, this will be my 5th csection, first was at the Royal Brisbane and then 3 csections at NWP with Dr Chris Price! He will be delivering my 5th as well. He has alway told me that everything was fine and that I could have another one. My 3rd went surprising well! There is only 12months between number 2&3 so I had not really recovered fully before my 3rd csection. Recover for each csection for me has been no worse then the previous one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great and thanks for your reply - maybe I should forget my fear Good luck with baby 5, very exciting.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

JKLandmaybeMN  (24-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I booked the deluxe rooms post a csec and loved them! The night of the csec I was in a standard room due to being stuck on the bed so we moved day 2. DP stayed the whole time and said he was glad of a bed as the recliner wasnt comfortable past 1 night. Food was great with the 3 courses each meal.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbutterfly View Post
    I booked the deluxe rooms post a csec and loved them! The night of the csec I was in a standard room due to being stuck on the bed so we moved day 2. DP stayed the whole time and said he was glad of a bed as the recliner wasnt comfortable past 1 night. Food was great with the 3 courses each meal.

What else did you get for the money though? I got 3 courses (or as much food as I wanted - just tick all the boxes) and even wine in a standard room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    What else did you get for the money though? I got 3 courses (or as much food as I wanted - just tick all the boxes) and even wine in a standard room.
    I personally liked the queen bed. DP said the recliner was not comfortable for a 5 night stay. Everytime he tried to move it sounded like he was rolling on plastic! I had the food in the standard room which was great but the food in deluxe was a higher standard. Personal preference. For number 2 if DP wasnt staying I would possibly not get the deluxe as the bed wouldnt be an issue.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

MummaOJ  (26-07-2014)