+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Well fluff can be relaxing I guess. I'm craving a nice long sleep full of fluffy dreams in my own bed with my own fluffy blanket. But instead I have been going to sleep in my bed only to be woken an hour later by dd2. So instead of listening to screaming I jump in bed with her. In her single sized bed with me squished up against the wall and her taking over most of the bed. She has been trying to detox off her much addicted to dummy after the last one broke. Surprisingly it is going better than expected.

I wonder where the word fluff came from...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd1 just sat on the potty, jumped off came running to me saying "mummy smell that" I went to the potty to see what she'd done while she was screaming at me to "smell that, give it a sniff" apparently she'd done a fluffy and wanted to share.... Kids got her dad's sense of humour.

As for the dryer, gets cleaned every use, ahh the toaster I assume DH cleans it when he uses it, I'm a cereal eater.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wheaty For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (25-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    I do NOT let my DH wash

he mixes colours and drives me insane. (he is pretty good about most housework, but washing is only me)
    I sort it out into piles & DH STILL mixes them!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    I just went to the "who's online" section and it says there are well over 1500 people currently browsing the pages of bubhub!

Holey moley!

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    wowsers - that is a lot.

Still - there is actually not that many that contribute on a regular basis. Between 2 - 3 thousand members per month who actually post.

The rest are people looking for information, following links from searches, reading the blogs and stuff like that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (28-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I was just astounded that at any 1 time that many people could potentially be looking at something that has been posted and it shows how widely used bubhub is. It's also part of the reason I try not to post anything that could easily identify me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I was just astounded that at any 1 time that many people could potentially be looking at something that has been posted and it shows how widely used bubhub is. It's also part of the reason I try not to post anything that could easily identify me.
    Yes, me too. I thought I was the only one around here is is so cautious about being anonymous! On one hand I'd like to make friends with some members but I'm a bit cautious about revealing too much

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Electric Boogaloo For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (28-07-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    its a hard balance ...

but the same token
    - many of those searches are people reading the blogs, articles, directories and information on the site - only a small portion of them are reading the forum.

- most of the sharing that people do here doesnt make you identifiable, and

- if you are concerned, post in some of the members only sections that are not googleable to reduce the possibility of random strangers viewing your disclosures.

But yeah, its hard

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (28-07-2014),Electric Boogaloo  (28-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    how often do you remove the fluff and lint from your clothes dryer? is it every time you use it as the machine recommends. ? Im one who does do that. I never leave the fluff build up. that is my serious contribution to this 'fluff' thread. marie.
    A couple days after all this talk about fluff and dryers our dryer decided to start screaming out in pain (making a really bad howling noise). So dp decided to pull it apart to see if he could fix it. Even though the lint collector gets cleaned out regularly there was probably at least a 2lt (or more) milk container full of dust and lint that came from inside the back of the machine. The dryer is only 2 years old as well!

The noise turned out to be a worn bearing that dp replaced thankfully but the amount of fluff that came out from the internals was scary.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    scary how much dust and fluff can build up. I hate to think how much would be behind my machine, or under the fridge, or behind a dish washer if I had one. panic stations if I ever have to move house. marie.