+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Speaking of cleaning out appliances...Yesterday I noticed a sticker on my toaster advising to clean out the crumb tray regularly...

How often do you clean the crumbs out of your toaster?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Do crumbs falling out of it because I violently bash it around the counter and shove it back into the cupboard count? Because if it does, I clean it every time I use it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (25-07-2014),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (25-07-2014),KitiK  (25-07-2014)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    Do crumbs falling out of it because I violently bash it around the counter and shove it back into the cupboard count? Because if it does, I clean it every time I use it.
    Unfortunately no because then my dh could claim that one too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    A little more regularly since we replaced our last toaster after going to get it out and finding a mouse climbing out of it and lots of mouse poo in the bottom. The first sign of either again in the toaster and it's in the bin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have to clean out the crumb tray?! Oops.

Dryer fluff... Every time since we got a new one, it comes out really easily. But it goes on top of the dryer (if you are DP or my sister) until the fairies (me) get rid of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    A little more regularly since we replaced our last toaster after going to get it out and finding a mouse climbing out of it and lots of mouse poo in the bottom. The first sign of either again in the toaster and it's in the bin.
    I have no words... Bloomin' toaster crumbs! Might have to go and give mine a good ol' proper clean after hearing this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (25-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Ahhh
    Luckily we have cats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Ahhh
    Luckily we have cats!

I actually heard the most efficient way to keep mice away is to have rats in a cage... Or at least that's what DP keeps telling me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    I actually heard the most efficient way to keep mice away is to have rats in a cage... Or at least that's what DP keeps telling me.
    Hmm not sure. I know they dont get along (used to have pet mice & rats but at differently times). In our old house I found some mice poo in a cupboard when we moved in. Never once had a mouse problem while we were there though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    teah but he washes his red shirt (that runs) with my white pants (that are now pink)
    Oh dear!! I definitely don't do that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We replaced our toaster this week because a big ol' cockroach got fried in there! DH was making toast and he smelled something wasn't quite right. Hello incinerated roach carcass, bye bye toaster!

Our new toaster is being put away in it's box and stored in one of the kitchen cupboards from now on...or until we start being lazy again and forget about the incident with old roachy.