+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF for 2nd Bub with a 7month old. Experiences?

Would love to hear from other mums who went through IVF whilst still having a bub under 1 year. How was the process for you? We're you worried about lifting your bub with an embryo inside you? Lifting heave prams etc. was there any concerns?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Didn't even think about it really. Yes I lifted buba and just got on with it. I was on mat leave so easier to attend appointments etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thanks will just go with the flow

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds was just over 1 when I started up ivf again. Like pp, didnt really think about it and just did what I had to do everyday. I kinda figured that lots of ladies have babies quite close in age( both ivf and natural) and both situations they still need to lift prams, kids etc. Im sure all will be fine for you.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been ttc#2 with ivf since ds was 6 months. He was a first time ivf fluke and now 13 months. So far this year I've had one FET in January (missed miscarriage in March), one ivf stim/transfer in May (chemical), and a second stim cycle in July (frozen 4 embryos to PGD test with another batch in August or September. Having ds in the pram has been the best way to go to the scans. He's been great. Lifting the pram into the car one handed too soon after one blood test gave me the biggest bruising ever! I don't recommend that! That's why they tell us not to do heavy lifting too soon. But as far as lifting ds and pram normally, I just go by policy of "don't do anything new". If you've been lifting a 10kg weight and are used to doing it, then it should be fine to continue. If you start lifting the 10kg weight out of the blue then that's where you might have issues. At about 5 weeks into my missed miscarriage this year I did however start trying to get DH to take over the bathing of ds. My lower back was starting to get a bit sore bending over the bath and I figured it was a good father /son activity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks babyinjune. Glad your first experience wasn't that bad. Hoping our 2nd experience will be that much easier. Sometimes I think it's too sol but I know how unpredictable this is and don't want to feel like I did before dd1. Tra safer is on Sat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for Saturday!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The main problems I have are carting my son to so many BT and waiting around in crowded waiting rooms with him and keeping him calm during US. Also organising care during egg pick up. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    The main problems I have are carting my son to so many BT and waiting around in crowded waiting rooms with him and keeping him calm during US. Also organising care during egg pick up. Good luck!
    I have been to a couple of blood tests with ds in the baby bjorn. Just had to hold tight onto his arm that was closest to the needle. It meant I didn't have to lift the pram that day. For the egg collection, bags were packed the night before, we did dh's part at home before ds woke up, then changed his nappy and gave bottle in the car on route to the clinic. DH ran in with his jar, I drove around the block, then swapped places. DH had the day off and so had a couple hours with ds while I was busy (they went to see grandparents). We've done that twice now. Hopefully only once more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about breast feeding? Did you all need to stop breast feeding before trying to conceive #2?