+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My second I had her in the bassinet in our room but I would sleep in the lounge. Then moved her into her own room and I went back to mine.

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD was in a bassinet briefly when she came home in our room, then was put in her own room and I sleep in our bed with DH. In 2 years I've never slept anywhere but our bed and just get up to DD if required.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had DS in our room in a bassinet until about 5months and DH slept pretty well

DS fed 3-4 hourly for most of that time and all DH would do was stir but otherwise would sleep through it, plus DS would grizzle/slight cry then I'd be up to feed him which I did by the light of my phone.

Will do the same this time. If he has ever whinged (once or twice) about disrupted sleep I've told him he's welcome to sleep in the spare room but tbh we don't sleep well apart so there's not much point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, other way around. 10 mth old DD sleeps in her cot side-carred to my bed and DH sleeps on the single bed in our 2nd room on work nights, and back with us Friday and Saturday nights. It works for us well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know what's normal, but with my 2nd I set up a single in his room from birth. The goal was to stay in bed with DH but having that other bed meant everyone got a better nights sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son (almost 4 months) either sleeps ( in his bassinet) in our room or the lounge. I tried him in the kids' room but it didn't work, though once we get his cot we will have to put him in with his brother and sisters. It's a bit chaotic atm and we're actually waiting ( and hoping) for the council to give us the go ahead for an extension. Bubs has started sleeping through most nights though so might try again in the kids room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DD slept in our room until she was about 8 months old. Then she moved to her room upstairs. She's doesn't sleep through much do I often sleep in the spare bed upstairs and DH sleeps in our room or vice versa. Sometimes we start in the same bed and then I go attend to dd and sleep upstairs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    My bub slept in a bassinet in our room until approximately 3 months when he grew too big for it. He was also a noisy little sleeper From then he slept in his own room and I have the video/sensor/sound monitor on next to me. Occasionally I sleep in a single bed that I set up in his room if he is unwell, at least my husband then gets a good nights sleep. He has always been a reasonably good sleeper but I do still breastfeed him once a night in his room.

IVF Hypnobub Oct 13 the love of my life

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DS we slept in the same bed. With DD I co slept in our bed out of desperation until she was 5.5 months and DH slept in the spare room for that time.

Four months on, DS still calls the spare room "Dad's room".

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm planning on sleeping in a single bed next to the bassinet in the spare room when our next baby arrives. Just for a couple of weeks or until a decent stretch of sleep occurs. DH takes up heaps of room in bed and I'd like to bf in bed without being cramped. I also want to deal with baby without interrupting ds who sleeps through.

If dh can have a good night's sleep then he will be more willing and helpful with ds during the day and less of a grumpy bum

Sent from my SM-N9007 using The Bub Hub mobile app