+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone else sleep in a separate room before baby sleeps through?

Just curious if this is the norm after a second kid?

I sleep in the nursery or lounge with bub
    Last edited by MissEm; 24-07-2014 at 03:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't, dh does. Dh either sleeps on the lounge or in with ds, while dd and i get our big king size bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my 3rd and I sleep in a single bed in the babies room so that she doesn't wake the whole house and my partner can sleep as he drives far for work. I don't think this is the norm sleeping with the baby but I don't know how other couple do it, if my partner didn't get any sleep because I was next to him in bed breastfeeding, changing nappies etc I am putting his life in the line because of his driving far for work and the type of work he does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my first and I sleep in the babies room with dd. I figure there is no point both DH and I not getting any sleep.

I'm hoping that when she starts sleeping through I'll move back into the main room with DH. For now it works for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Nope.... I don't like the idea of sleeping separate from hubby on a medium-long term basis. Bub (ds2) is in the bedroom with DH and I. When bub wakes (once per night DH chnages bub while I go to the loo and when I feed hubby checks on our toddler, puts some washing in the dryer and then hope back in bed. If bub woke more than that perhaps we would reconsider.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    No, I've always slept in our bed with DH. My boys went into their own rooms from birth, but I would feed them overnight in our bed.

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it depends a bit on baby and how many times they wake. DS was a feed every 2 hrs newborn and a bit difficult to settle, and so I spent a lot of time sleeping in his room, then DD slept 4-6 hr stints overnight right from the start so she just slept in our room (but in her cot).
    Not sure what will happen this time around, hoping for a good sleeper, but we will see!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah we did.
    Me and DS2 in the big bed, (he woke up to 6 times a night sometimes) and DH in the spare bed.
    DH is up at 5am most mornings and doesn't get in til 6:30pm. He couldn't do that with a disrupted night's sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    DS when born in September will be in a basinet in the parents retreat off our room. DH will likely sleep in the spare room next to DD. This is only as I'm not willing to have DS wake DD up who sleeps through.

DH is more than welcome to stay in our room, but he would rather sleep on the uncomfortable futon than be woken by the baby.

We were supposed to have moved into the house we are building, which we designed to keep DD well away from DSs room but he would be close to our room so he could have his own room and DH and I could both stay in our bed, but they're only just pouring the slab this week, so we have to put up with our sh*tty current house and its rubbish layout and flimsy walls. Le sigh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bubs went into a bassinette for the first couple of weeks...they grew out of it in about 2 weeks. Then went into a cot in a seperate room. I couldnt sleep with them in the same room cos their sounds kept me awake. I slept in the same bed as DH, i never even thought of not sleeping in the marriage bed...do people do that??
    I got up for feeds, fed in bubs room then went back to bed.

I was lucky though, my bubs slept really well from birth and were sleeping through from about 6 weeks old!!