+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Developmental milestones

Did your bub hit their developmental milestones by their birth age or their adjusted age? Also, how did the Wonder Weeks work out for you?

I can't pinpoint DS. He seems way ahead in some areas and then behind in others.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wonder weeks is calculated by edd not actual age

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If born before term <37 weeks gestation, tracking of premmies developmental milestones must be by using the EDD, more commonly referred to in "preemie land" as adjusted/corrected age.

If babe born > 37 weeks gestation- classed as term and does not require correcting age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS2 was born at 34 weeks with IUGR. He has meet his milestones at his corrected age but not actual age e,g crawled at 7month corrected. He's 13 months on Friday it's walking and only says mum.

I can't work out the wonder weeks thing. I have the app and have both his actual age and corrected age. He doesn't seem to fit either!

I constantly worry about him hitting his milestones and find it really hard not to compare his development to DS1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD ex-25 weeker was almost all on her corrected/adjusted age, nothing near her actual age due to the 3.5 month gap!

A couple of things slightly behind her corrected age, especially eating.

At her 12 month corrected developmental assessment (at 15.5 months old) she measured at 11.5 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My 31+2 weeker reached most milestones at corrected age. He didn't reach any milestones early.

He was 8 months actual age before he took to solids. He walked at 15 months actual. He was a late talker and at almost 3.5 he has delayed expressive, receptive and social language skills.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I should've added some clarification lol! My son was born at 34 weeks. I'm glad others have problems with the Wonder Weeks because I've got both his actual and adjusted ages in there and I can't pinpoint either!

Some developmental milestones he seems to hit at actual but others are later and closer to adjusted age. He's 5.5 months now but only laughs sporadically! On the other hand, he's had real tears since 4 weeks actual age so maybe he's just not a happy baby! 😝

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD was 6 weeks early and she hits everything on her EDD, especially wonder weeks. Development milestones she's sort of between the two, but that's to be expected as she wasn't super prem, and there is a pretty wide range for a lot of milestones.