+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I think the email is good to be honest.

If they dont want impromptu parent meetings, then they are going to get this style of communications. Its really difficult to just drop in and have a casual chat if they dont want that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I might just leave it the way biscotti did it and just deal with it. Then it's done.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

harvs  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    I did some minor tweaking like inserting name and class, added my phone number and email as contact methods and changed a couple words so it didn't sound quite as formal but I sent it.

Thanks

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (29-07-2014),CitrusRainxxx  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I'm OK with that. I just want to put it out there that the absences are becoming very noticeable and objections are being made. I have emailed before regarding things like term dates, swimming lessons, a fire that came close to our school etc and always received an email within that day.

I just don't want a mountain out of a mole hill type thing and for me to say the wrong thing in the beginning.
    Sorry what I meant was you don't need to try and make an appointment because you were saying that have some sort of app thingy - I just meant that you writing the email means they should contact you which it sounds like they do anyway which is great. I think what you're asking is perfectly reasonable and I'm sure that you're probably not the only one that has asked. I don't think you're making a mountain out of a molehill, your concerns are legitimate.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Sorry what I meant was you don't need to try and make an appointment because you were saying that have some sort of app thingy - I just meant that you writing the email means they should contact you which it sounds like they do anyway which is great. I think what you're asking is perfectly reasonable and I'm sure that you're probably not the only one that has asked. I don't think you're making a mountain out of a molehill, your concerns are legitimate.
    I didn't see any problem with what you wrote silly I understood what you meant that's the other problem with text I guess, misinterpretation or a perceived notion of misinterpretation, hence why I wanted to get the wording right.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

babyla  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I didn't see any problem with what you wrote silly I understood what you meant that's the other problem with text I guess, misinterpretation or a perceived notion of misinterpretation, hence why I wanted to get the wording right.
    Yeah text got no tone - can be really hard to read. I think you've nailed your email

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I received a satisfactory email tonight. The principal gave an explanation of medical and personal reasons and assures me the teacher will be back more permanently next week. He also went on to say that he understands the concern over absences etc etc and met with the teacher today to discuss everything etc etc the usual sort of stuff. He then offered a meeting or a phone call if I felt the need.

To be honest I don't feel like I need any further discussion with the principal at this point. I think people are allowed time off for those reasons but a bit more communication would have been great. I think though if the absences are to continue with the frequency they have been so far this year then I might request a meeting.

Now I will think of a suitable thank you response to the principal for the explanation.

Thanks girls.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (30-07-2014),Mod-biscotti  (30-07-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    good

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (30-07-2014)