+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] biscotti View Post
    I have just taken what you wrote and fiddled with it a bit....
    Thanks. That's great! I like it I just get flustered when I have to do something like this and usually say or write what I am thinking in the moment and it's not always the best delivery.

Everyone feel free to edit or even totally rewrite my letter. I will see what the general consensus is in regards to the approach and send off an email tomorrow I think.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (28-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] biscotti View Post
    I have just taken what you wrote and fiddled with it a bit....
    @[Mod] biscotti are you able to edit your post to remove the quote things so I can copy and paste please?

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I edited it for you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Is there another way of doing the last paragraph do you think? In all honesty I prefer correspondence via email simply to avoid making an idiot of myself. Last time I asserted myself like this (via voicemail), I put my foot in it big time and found out afterwards that they had recently lost 3 family members in a month with one of them being a very recent high profile death.

But if it is better to actually talk to them then I will. It's just a preference that's all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a tough one. On one hand the teacher is advancing her career as she has a right to do. In NSW there's actually a certain amount of professional development hours a teacher had to do to keep that accreditation. Also, most of these are held during school time so this isn't ideal for students. I can see how you would be frustrated with all of the relief teachers in your daughter'a class. From a teachers perspective it can be tricky to get the same casual teacher each time due to other work or family commitments they may have. I myself am a casual and was offered some regular work last year but I can't work Wednesdays so there were two of us doing the role. I think asking the principal what's going on as you have the right to know who's taking your child's class. Be prepared for the principal not to give away a lot if info as to the reasons for the absence (especially if some or all of it is due to illness - which it doesn't sound to be) as privacy is a big thing in education organizations. I hope it all works out for you and that your daughter is feeling less anxious soon. Good luck!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KellyMac For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (29-07-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    In all honesty I would urge you to speak to the teacher or principal in person first. But if you really don't want to, I would keep it simple and say:

It seems that there have been many days when [teacher] hasn't been in class this year. I am concerned about the continuity of [my daughter's] academic, emotional and civic education. I have noticed a change in her attitude towards school. Is this disruption likely to continue into the future? I would appreciate being told if it is, as I may need to make some decisions regarding her education.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    In all honesty I would urge you to speak to the teacher or principal in person first. But if you really don't want to, I would keep it simple and say:

It seems that there have been many days when [teacher] hasn't been in class this year. I am concerned about the continuity of [my daughter's] academic, emotional and civic education. I have noticed a change in her attitude towards school. Is this disruption likely to continue into the future? I would appreciate being told if it is, as I may need to make some decisions regarding her education.
    That's just it though. I can't pin the teacher down to talk to her and our principal has implemented an app with a very prominent email button that replaces newsletters and is meant to help with communication issues. I hate the app but our school principal wants to go digital and has said in the past he doesn't like the impromptu style parent meetings.

I like the idea of keeping it casual yet getting my point across. Dd1 was saying yesterday that at least half her class hate having relief teachers now. Kids as a general rule love relief teacher days so that says a lot in itself.

So I was thinking biscottis main letter but with a more casual final paragraph Iykwim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you will hear from the principal when you send the email. It would be very rude for them to not respond to your email by either a phone call or offering a meeting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I think you will hear from the principal when you send the email. It would be very rude for them to not respond to your email by either a phone call or offering a meeting.
    I'm OK with that. I just want to put it out there that the absences are becoming very noticeable and objections are being made. I have emailed before regarding things like term dates, swimming lessons, a fire that came close to our school etc and always received an email within that day.

I just don't want a mountain out of a mole hill type thing and for me to say the wrong thing in the beginning.