+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Is 3 to young for a bunk bed?

Have you got one for your kids?
    Where did you get it from?
    I'm not sure where to start looking.
    I think the ones with the desk underneath are so efficient but I'm wondering if she's to young.

Is 3 to young?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm interested as well (4 year old)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jascar For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS has a bunk bed. He went into it from his toddler bed when he was 3. I got it from 40 Winks, the bottom bed is flat on the floor so the top bed is not very high, the top bit is kind of recessed into a box so it has raised sides, he cannot fall out.

I made the rules clear early on that there was to be no jumping on (or off the bed) as it it quite near the ceiling fan and he has been fine with it.

One thing with a bunk is it is a PAIN to change the sheets on both the top and bottom.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a loft bed for my 4 and 6 year old. Both have been great so far with no falling out. It says for children 12+ though

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelicHobgoblin For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have an IKEA low lying bunk bed (the bottom is literally on the floor). Kidsafe recommendations are that kids should not be in bunks until they are 9 years old, so I think 3 is definitely too young if you don't need them to be in bunk bed for space etc.
    I have a friend who's son slipped out of the top bunk (it had railings, he fell out where the stairs are) when they were on holidays. He broke the bone in his face that keeps your eye in place so they had to be suppeeeerrrrr careful with him and he was at risk of needing a metal plate in that bone if he didn't heap properly, which would have meant an operation every 6 months until he reached adulthood to change the size of the plate as he grew. He was 4 1/2 when he fell off the bunk. He wasn't doing anything silly either...he leaned over to say goodnight to his mum and went down.
    We needed a bunk bed to fit everyone in, so we found a low lying one and put the oldest up there. She's now 8 1/2, We've never had any issues thankfully, but my 4 year old isn't allowed up there at all, ever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry got mine from Harvey Norman. Desk under with drawers and built in wardrobe

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelicHobgoblin For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    And the pp is right....changing the beds suck! Top and bottom, it's such a tedious task, I would never willingly put myself through that!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My step children were 3 and 5 when they started sharing a bunk bed (They have their own rooms now). Miss 5 was scarred initially of the top part and Mr 3 wouldn't even climb up the top, so I am wondering if he may just be a little hesitant and then your money is wasted?!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to acerbaby For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    We have an IKEA low lying bunk bed (the bottom is literally on the floor). Kidsafe recommendations are that kids should not be in bunks until they are 9 years old, so I think 3 is definitely too young if you don't need them to be in bunk bed for space etc.
    I have a friend who's son slipped out of the top bunk (it had railings, he fell out where the stairs are) when they were on holidays. He broke the bone in his face that keeps your eye in place so they had to be suppeeeerrrrr careful with him and he was at risk of needing a metal plate in that bone if he didn't heap properly, which would have meant an operation every 6 months until he reached adulthood to change the size of the plate as he grew. He was 4 1/2 when he fell off the bunk. He wasn't doing anything silly either...he leaned over to say goodnight to his mum and went down.
    We needed a bunk bed to fit everyone in, so we found a low lying one and put the oldest up there. She's now 8 1/2, We've never had any issues thankfully, but my 4 year old isn't allowed up there at all, ever.
    😳 OMG I think this just changed my mind! Is he ok now? That's terrible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes changing the sheets hmm didn't think that far lol I can't do pita at the moment. Might just leave it for now.

Thanks girls