+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Post Aussie mums needed to help prevent diabetes!

Hi,

Have you had a pregnancy with gestational diabetes or know of someone who did? If so, I need your help!!

I'm a mother of 2 young kids working at Deakin University and was lucky enough to be awarded a prestigious National Health and Medical Council TRIP Fellowship to help prevent diabetes in women who have had gestational diabetes.

My research team and I are looking to improve the care of mothers who have had gestational diabetes after they deliver their babies. Did you know that by having gestational diabetes means your risk of developing diabetes is much higher? We are working with GPs to provide better diabetes prevention care but we need your help finding out what mums actually think about it!

We sent out over 12,000 letters to mums last month but the response rate has been very low so we are trying to get mums on board through social media, can you help us?? We are trying to get over 1,000 mums involved nationally and so far we are only at 350!!!

If you have had gestational diabetes, PLEASE take 10-15mins to go to our online survey (http://www.magdastudy.org.au/) and fill it out!

If you know of someone who had gestational diabetes or just other mums, please SHARE this post so we can spread the message!!

THANKS A MILLION XXX
    Sharleen

2. The Following User Says Thank You to soreill For This Useful Post:

EvilWombatQueen  (24-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure if I qualify. I had Impaired Glucose Tolerance (6.9 after two hours of the OGTT) but was told by my GP and the hospital that this is now considered GD. Not sure if I'm on the national register as a result and I don't want to fill in the survey if there's a danger of me skewing the data by not being in the target group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Survey completed

DS: 14.08.2004
    DD: 23.07.2005
    Expecting #3 23 March 2015

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Survey

Quote Originally Posted by Missmoomoo View Post
    Survey completed

DS: 14.08.2004
    DD: 23.07.2005
    Expecting #3 23 March 2015
    Brilliant - thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilWombatQueen View Post
    I'm not sure if I qualify. I had Impaired Glucose Tolerance (6.9 after two hours of the OGTT) but was told by my GP and the hospital that this is now considered GD. Not sure if I'm on the national register as a result and I don't want to fill in the survey if there's a danger of me skewing the data by not being in the target group.
    Hi
    Women qualify if they have been diagnosed with GD and managed for it during a pregnancy. It sounds like you are being managed for it? If so then you do qualify
    Hope that answers your question and thanks for your interest in the study,
    cheers
    sharleen

7. The Following User Says Thank You to soreill For This Useful Post:

EvilWombatQueen  (25-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm currently pregnant and being managed for gestational diabetes. I'd be happy to complete the survey but from the wording of your post it seems it only applies to mother's who've already given birth.

Let me know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Done

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SK2BC For This Useful Post:

soreill  (28-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Done!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EvilWombatQueen For This Useful Post:

soreill  (28-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

The survey is for mothers who have had a pregnancy with gestational diabetes and given birth - we are most interested in how women are cared for after the baby is born because that is where we are going to work to improve GP care.

Good luck with your soon-to-be new arrival!
    Thanks
    Sharleen