+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XmasDayBub View Post
    Oh tamtam your little girl is just gorgeous! The last pic made me melt! As you say I am another who cannot detect anything abnormal about your daughters facial features. She looks to be concentrating, smiling and being cheeky with her dummy. She looks perfect. This is what I guess is in the back of my mind about everyone saying she looks typical. The only thing I'm not sure about is she has never had poor muscle tone or anything.. All of her development is on track, she's crawling! It just seems so out of place just because of the shape of her eyes.
    This is why I think it's best not to stress and worry. My DD has so many other things going on as well. .. As I said. And that's not everything. So yeah. ... It would be a stretch in my opinion. As I know lots of other families with kids who have syndromes and there are always several issues.
    I hope you can get in to a paed fairly soon so you don't have to keep stressing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    what a gorgeous bubba

as the others said, try not to stress too much. Go to the pead and have her checked out for your reassurance ... but dont get yourself worked up about it.

(hard I know)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We're going through similar at the moment because of head size. We are positive it is only family (we all have big heads!) but gp and paed are constantly checking with ultrasounds etc. So far, nothing. I think they just make sure. I can completely sympathise as I also freaked out when they started saying it might be a problem. It doesn't mean it is though, just that they want to check. Take it step by step and try to think positively, at least you'll have absolute reassurance in the long run that she is fine.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When my dd was born I was really concerned about her close set squinty almond shaped eyes... especially as ds had big round eyes. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I could defiantly see there was something "wrong" with her eyes. I continually asked about them and if she was "alright" and most of the nurses and dr's put it down to pnd and told me she was fine and meeting all her milestones.

It ended up that my daughter had a "squint" and needed glasses when she was 12 months old.

Get her checked for reassurance but if you don't notice anything then I really doubt there is anything to worry about.