+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    Thanks for that. They have 2 sessions a day. Maybe I can do both sessions in 1 day? But they do have 2 preferences to choose from.
    Like PP said they'll be running the same program, plus it will be a different group of kids to play with.

Have you thought about a Childcare centre that runs a kindergarten program? My Ds attends Casa Bambini (Essendon) 2 days a week, 14 hours and they run a fantastic program.

I know it's more $, but perhaps you could keep your job that way

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

ProudMumma34  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry that was me who mentioned fees. I just had a look at our invoice and it says it is free for HCC holders.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

ProudMumma34  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Like PP said they'll be running the same program, plus it will be a different group of kids to play with.

Have you thought about a Childcare centre that runs a kindergarten program? My Ds attends Casa Bambini (Essendon) 2 days a week, 14 hours and they run a fantastic program.

I know it's more $, but perhaps you could keep your job that way
    Would that mean that it wouldn't be free on a health care card? What's the difference between one the council chooses for you and one you choose?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Would that mean that it wouldn't be free on a health care card? What's the difference between one the council chooses for you and one you choose?
    The centre Ds attends is private, so it wouldn't be free on HCC, however you do receive a rebate based on your income.
    For example, the price is around $110 per day, I receive $55 back from centerlink, however if our income was less, I would probably receive more. It's something you would have to call centerlink about.

I hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that I appreciate it. I called the kinder. Just waiting to hear back from them. Stupid me doesn't always read mail properly. I could've had an offer at a brand new Centre being built but I ignored it. For some reason in my head I think that a brand new kinder is better. Although the place I got offered isn't that old either

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I'm confused. Why do we go through local council for our application if we can go to any kinder?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I'm confused. Why do we go through local council for our application if we can go to any kinder?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Local kinder is council run ('public') therefore much cheaper per day. It's less hours per day, more suitable I guess for 3/4yr olds.

Some private centres see the predicament, kinder isn't convenient for working parents, so they run a kinder program. Just make sure it's the Victorian Government Program.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again for your response. So after ringing around a few daycare places that run kinder programs they are the ones that offer long day sessions. The one I was offered did say I could choose not to send him on certain days but still pay same fee. But would be free on health care card. I'm checking out one tomorrow. Other one is walking distance from home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so time consuming isn't it?! a Good luck with choosing a centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is. Thanks. I guess I could just take the local council run one as the others in my area seem not to be full. There are 2 I could potentially get into.