+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC and acupuncture

Hi everyone,

Just putting a call out to anyone that is TTC or has conceived with acupuncture.

It's something that got suggested to me and I was initially skeptical but after doing some googling had a mind change.

I'm booked in with Lea Papworth (Adelaide) who is supposed to be a wizz!

Would love to know peoples thoughts and experiences

BB x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @becbee

I'm going down the acupuncture route at the moment - just had my third treatment yesterday.

I'm going weekly just to support the TTC process.

It's funny; this is the first cycle I've had witch acupuncture and I think my body actually told me when I o'd!! I had lower back pain and some strange pains in my lower tummy (which I've always associated with wind!!) as well as proper EWCM that same day. Only weird thing - opks came back -ve!!!

I'm not temping or taking/doing anything else to TTC - had enough of the clomid, trigger and IUI processes.

Currently cd18 so time will tell!

Good luck with it, I'm slowly starting to relax while having the treatments now which can only be a good thing!

Best of luck 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    I decided to try acupunture with my next round of IVF. I booked a course of 10 at Genea (my clinic). The first session was based on getting to know me a bit as well as understanding my infertility history.
    Anyway, I knew that I was O+3 that day so I asked the acupuncturist to bear that in mind. She did some things to aid implantation and guess what! I fell pregnant naturally that very cycle after six years of unprotected sex!!!
    Of course I will never know if the acupuncture made a difference but I believe it did. And I felt great afterwards.

All the very best with TTC, I hope it is an easy journey for you.

Me 39 DF 35
    DD ICSI April 2011
    DD natural November 2013
    Last edited by GreenMoon; 22-07-2014 at 20:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GreenMoon - Wow, that's great!!! 😊

I think a lot comes down to believing in the treatment actually... And I'm getting more into that space now which is great.

It's funny, but one of the points she put in yesterday in my tummy twinged right through to my back - she said it was on top of my ovary and can sometimes do that. Also some of the points in my leg were more sensitive - classic signs of ovulation she said... I bought it; it married up with my symptoms anyway!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jaanzi For This Useful Post:

GreenMoon  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds promising @jaanzi ! I wish you all the best.

I can't wait for my first appt which will be around O time so hopefully she can work some TCM magic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's so great @GreenMoon

I can imagine your elation with that news!

Whether it was the acupuncture or not, the feeling great part is essential too I think

8. The Following User Says Thank You to becbee For This Useful Post:

GreenMoon  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried acupuncture before,I read it from a book. It helped me a lot.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirsten30 For This Useful Post:

becbee  (27-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been doing acupuncture since march every week plus herbal meds. So far nothing but I am a bit sceptical the way dr tells me to have intercourse only in the week of my ovulation.... So rest of the time we are just abstaining from it....so I actually think we are not doing it enough?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    I have been doing acupuncture since march every week plus herbal meds. So far nothing but I am a bit sceptical the way dr tells me to have intercourse only in the week of my ovulation.... So rest of the time we are just abstaining from it....so I actually think we are not doing it enough?
    When I was seeing my FS and he was monitoring follicles thru scans, after calculating growth and likely ovulation he would only say to BD on CD14 & CD16 (for example).

Even with the 2 IUI cycles I've done, after the actual insemination (which was timed for ovulation thru trigger), he would recommend we only BD the next day or second day and that's it.

I guess we've got to trust the experts and go on their advice.

What's the harm though of not abstaining for you? I suffer from recurrent UTIs so BDing lots for me is problematic...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant thanks in large part to my amazing acupuncturist. I was going for 3 cycles before it took. Good luck!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolamc For This Useful Post:

becbee  (31-07-2014)