+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2nd car seat in the middle?

Just wondering if anyone has their 2nd car seat installed in the middle of the back seat?

We have one forward-facing car seat installed on the rear left and this weekend I installed the 2nd car seat on the rear right behind the driver's seat.

But MIL suggested to put it in the middle.
    More room for her. There is an anchor point there so technically it can be done. And after thinking about it for a bit, it would also be easier for me - I fed bub#1 a fair bit in the car, and changed many nappies on the back seat.

Just wondering if anyone has done it? Advantages/disadvantages? It took me over an hour to install the seat so I'm reluctant to "just try it and see".

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Depends on how much you trust your toddler not to put anything over he babies face or give it anything it's not meant to have.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

debsch  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Depends on how much you trust your toddler not to put anything over he babies face or give it anything it's not meant to have.
    I agree with this. Dd1 was 23 months when dd2 was born, there was no way known that I could have trusted her beside dd2. But that's my dd1.

Is your mil in your car a lot? Surely she could squeeze past.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

debsch  (22-07-2014),Tinkers  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh subbing for tips! I've been wondering what the best positions are for FF toddler and RF newborn combos!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a few friends with babies and toddlers who have all done this with their car seats. They all started with the baby behind passenger and toddler behind driver but all very quickly moved toddler to the middle. Mainly due to having the extra space of the seat behind driver being easily accessible for feeding, nappy changing and extra person etc.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 2FurBabies For This Useful Post:

debsch  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FurBabies View Post
    I have a few friends with babies and toddlers who have all done this with their car seats. They all started with the baby behind passenger and toddler behind driver but all very quickly moved toddler to the middle. Mainly due to having the extra space of the seat behind driver being easily accessible for feeding, nappy changing and extra person etc.
    Toddler in the middle? Mmmmm.... I was thinking of bub in the middle but toddler is (obviously) more mobile and independent and might enjoy seeing more out the front window that way... Didn't think of that one.