+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 82
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,698
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,288
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    Childcare should be free for all

    Even in very wealthy family, why would a women go back to work if her wage goes straight into paying for childcare?
    The proposed system makes things worse for them.
    Didn't you say in another thread about super, staying in touch with your career? Share the load and all that?

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,321
    Thanks
    1,552
    Thanked
    2,537
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellewood View Post
    And thats ok and I wasn't implying both can't be achieved necessarily but were talking about norms here - why is there such a massive demand for c/care now? Why do so many need it? I know just from bubhub threads hiw many parent's out there don't want to be going out to work or working so much while the kids are little, but need to. Those that want to work full-time are definitely not the majority. That's not the same as saying they're not being good parents, it's about what parents feel they should do versus what they actually have to do. They don't match up. Kids are in daycare from 6 months old because both parents have to work, in most cases.
    I think BH being the community that it is has a very tainted view on working while having small children and childcare.
    Most of the members are happy SAHP or wish they could be SAHP.

    However the report mention a survey that shows that of mothers that are not currently working but were before only 19% said they wanted to SAH.
    The rest can't find suitable childcare or work is not financially viable.

    Of all the mums I know that work FT, pretty much all of them would wish they could drop 1 day or 2. But yes people have to work to earn money and live it's a sad fact of life.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,969
    Thanks
    3,592
    Thanked
    892
    Reviews
    15
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    Are people going to be worse off though? Looking at the graph we will be getting around about what we get now.
    I am guessing there will be no 7.5k cap which has to be a good thing as that sees many people with no rebate for 1/4 of the year and wearing the full cost of fees.
    I must admit I've only browsed through. For us, it will depend on whether or not it is capped and what model is actually adopted, there seems to be a couple proposed in that table?

    At first blush, one model will leave us worse off but under other models we will be better off.

    And if it's not capped, I think we would be better off yet again. We reached our CCR limit in April so had about 2 months of full fees.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Kimberley WA
    Posts
    4,622
    Thanks
    916
    Thanked
    1,180
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    Are people going to be worse off though? Looking at the graph we will be getting around about what we get now.
    I am guessing there will be no 7.5k cap which has to be a good thing as that sees many people with no rebate for 1/4 of the year and wearing the full cost of fees.
    This is what I think too from how I read it. If there isn't a cap then we won't be having to pay full fees for 4 months of the year as we have been when the cap reaches the limit so we would be better off surely.

    For those fortunate enough to receive the ccr and the ccb therefore paying very minimal out of pocket will lose out though but I feel it will be a fairer system all round. I support the changes in regards to sahp. Children should be home with their parents if they can be. While I'm a sahm my ds will be home with me because that's what I'm home for, he doesn't need to be in care.

    Does anyone know when these changes are proposed to come into effect if they do? I haven't read the entire proposal yet.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,525
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked
    2,539
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post

    Of all the mums I know that work FT, pretty much all of them would wish they could drop 1 day or 2. But yes people have to work to earn money and live it's a sad fact of life.
    That's exactly what I was saying.

    Its completely true, not just for mums but for dads. It used to be very possibly and the norm for one parent to not be working full-time. Now, not so much, not nearly as much. And yes, these days it is a sad fact of life and that's just what I meant.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,525
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked
    2,539
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I support the changes in regards to sahp. Children should be home with their parents if they can be. While I'm a sahm my ds will be home with me because that's what I'm home for, he doesn't need to .
    I would hesitate to tell parents what they should do though. It may be your view and that's fine but parents have all sorts of reasons for using/needing c/care.

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

    btmacxxx  (22-07-2014),ChickyBee  (22-07-2014),delirium  (22-07-2014),peanutmonkey  (23-07-2014)

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,969
    Thanks
    3,592
    Thanked
    892
    Reviews
    15
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    anyone know when these changes are proposed to come into effect if they do? I haven't read the entire proposal yet.
    I think it's still in the thought stage. The productivity Commission has released a draft report which asks for more information on some of their proposals/recommendations. There still needs to be a final report, a decision, legislation and then time for it to be implemented.

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,846
    Thanks
    6,200
    Thanked
    16,892
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I support the changes in regards to sahp. Children should be home with their parents if they can be. While I'm a sahm my ds will be home with me because that's what I'm home for, he doesn't need to be in care.
    That's a pretty black and white view. There are lots of reasons SAHM's might use care, which might I say is only subsided 2 days a week. She may have mental health issues, she may have young children so can only manage 1-2 subjects at uni per semester which is not considered full time study load (so she would fail the activity test under these changes). She may have a child with Asperger's who genuinely benefits from professional care.

    I fully support working parents having first dibs of child care places. But to say all SAHM's should never use care is narrow thinking imo.

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

    btmacxxx  (22-07-2014),Bunty  (22-07-2014),peanutmonkey  (23-07-2014),Renn  (22-07-2014),snowqu33n  (22-07-2014)

  11. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,321
    Thanks
    1,552
    Thanked
    2,537
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    no one seems to pay attention that the new proposed subsidy is not based on the fees we paid?

    isn't that a problem?

    so if you get a 60% subsidy and your centre charge $100 per day it doesn't mean that you will pay $40 per day.

  12. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    354
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked
    94
    Reviews
    0
    @ExcuseMyFrench

    Yes I agree it's a massive problem.


    Me 39 DF 35
    DD ICSI April 2011
    DD natural November 2013


 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Opk tested please help!
    By muzzy in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25-04-2014, 17:21
  2. Just tested pregnant with home test - scared of cancer
    By whitetea in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 15-11-2013, 18:32
  3. Spin off: Do you live within your means?
    By Pregalicious in forum General Chat
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 23:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Nice Pak Products
Australian Made and Owned. The Baby U Goat Milk Skincare range is enriched with soothing goats milk sourced from country, Victoria. Goat's milk has a pH level close to that of our own skin and contains natural sources of amino acids and vitamins.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Little Kickers NSW
Little Kickers was launched in 2002 in the UK and arrived Down Under in 2009. Our motto is “Play not Push” and we provide a positive fun-filled soccer program for children aged 18 months -7 years in a vibrant, group play environment.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!