+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I hate my family and inlaws

I'm so depressed at lack of support I have. I'm currently packing up our house as we almost had to sell it due to our mortgage folding is that even the word. Hope everyone knows what I mean. Anyway I've found tenants and hubby found a job in Queensland but we had to rent so it's just bill after bill and we had to borrow money off them. Fil response is I need it back now? After he said we could pay it back in instalments.hes not broke and I'm so stressed and upset by this. He also posted my husbands computer from Adel to qld costing $500 and didn't ASK (when I can barely afford formula and nappies!!) then goes u can split the bill :/ wtf!!!

I get anxiety thinking about him, I ignore his phone calls and my mil's. Then I get called names. But they just do such awful things. Feed my kids food when they can't have them (dairy and they are allergic) etc.

Dd's having surgery Thursday for tonsils and even if I did want someone watch DS nobody has even called ask watch him I'm so depressed just wish I didn't have do any of this I'm hating life right now my family isn't much better

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't read and not reply. I have no advice, just hugs xxx.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh that sounds very stressful!! Moving house is difficult enough without your child's surgery, money hassles and your in laws being difficult adding to your stresses!

I hope things settle down soon for you, hopefully a fresh start in a new house will be the beginning of better things for you. <hugs>

Take care of yourself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We had a big move just over a year ago, it was incredibly stressful, I had just had surgery, my husband had a new job so was working away in the new town we would be moving too, dd had just had an anaphylaxis reaction and we were to and from the children's hospital trying to get that all under control, plus she just started having asthma.
    I have no family apart from my mum who helped when she could.
    I had asked my inlaws (who lived 5 mins away) to watch dd whilst I did what I could with the house, they said no, wouldn't help and then started asking for money that they gave to us about 4 years before hand ($300) that was given as a gift... They said "DH has a good job now so you can pay it back" which wasn't the case, they started demanding I do this and that for them, they had always been toxic, nasty people but they really laid their terror on thick when I was up to my neck in stress.
    Ugh! It was so stressful, but it's my in laws. They aren't nice people.
    Once we moved sh!t hit the fan like you wouldn't believe and I ended up depressed with extreme anxiety.
    After months of counseling I just told my husband I couldn't do it anymore, I couldn't have those kind of people in my life and I told him he could do what he wanted but I was no longer having anything to do with his family.
    He agreed and also said he couldn't handle it and went into counseling himself and it will be 1 year in September that we have had no contact and it's amazing!
    My in laws are incredibly narcissistic, it's been great having this time to heal.

The moving with no support and people you don't particularly like harassing you is such a struggle and it's harrowing.
    But remember you are your own person and don't be afraid to stand your ground (easier said than done I know) but look at it this way, you ignore them and they get p!ssed, you stand up for yourself and they get p!ssed, but you will feel empowered doing the later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thank you I'm finding it stressful as I haven't even got our furniture there and fil is 'paying for it to get there'. Well I told hubby tonight no. I will just put it in my bestirs shed until tax comes then move. He undermines me at every opportunity. I got a quote from budget trucks and he told me I was wrong even though it was emailed to me? How can I be wrong. I even rang and double checked.

I'm so worm out I got diagnosed with hashtitsmos however you spell it my stupid iPhone lol last week too. I just want to sleep!!!

I definitely need to see a shrink my minds going all over place

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are in the process of moving again just 20 mins down the road this time and not hours away, thank god, we have to be moved out by the weekend and we haven't got furniture there.. I'm kinda just dumping everything in garbage bags and throwing it in the car, then the car broke down yesterday, it's only 2 years old so who knows! It's in with the dealership and they reckon it won't be back until Friday.
    We are using my husbands work truck tonight to try and get as much there as possible! Moving sucks! I absolutely hate it.
    Sending you strength to get though the move.

Counseling was such a big help for me, it just helped me grow and find the tools to stop being trampled on by my inlaws.
    I just went to my dr and explained my depression and the anxiety I was having and I was given a health care plan so my first 12 visits with a counselor were free, which helped as I wouldn't of been able to pay for them otherwise.

Ugh, it makes me twitch just reading about your FIL so I can't imagine what all this must be like.
    Then with your recent diagnosis and. Your son going in for surgery, I can understand why your so worn out
    I hope that this move goes quickly for you and that all the chaos settles down soon.