+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    Quietly rebellious. I was respectful and close to my parents but I did things they didnt always know about. I dont know why I didnt ask them/tell them and hid it from them, just seems 'naughtier' that way. I never did anything overly stupid though.
    Same here. Had a good relationship with my parents but would sneak out the window to go to parties etc haha. I had a good group of friends and never put myself in danger so I reckon I was pretty good

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

spoon  (21-07-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was living in my own flat by the age of 16 (with DH who was 18 or 19) and we had DS when I was 17.
    So I pretty much got thrown into motherhood during my teens.
    My early teens I did the usual, worked part time, smoked/drank/partied.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

spoon  (21-07-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I spent my teenage years trying to process the previous 5 years I drank, during school hours mostly, smoked, didnt speak at home for a good 2 years, I worked part time from 12yrs. I never partied but I did go clubbing from the age of 16 with my parents permission, I collected my half brother from fdc from yr 8 onwards, I cooked dinner each night from yr 6 onwards too. It wasnt the highlight of my life, I did a lot of processing, I grew up way too fast. I'm not sure how I came across tbh but thats what it was like for me.

Eta I moved out of home at 18yrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't have time to rebel, got a job in year 9, involved in music and sports, was a Prefect. Found boys in yr 12 but as I was a square didn't date boys from my school ( was not naughty though)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

HCoops  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Always been a car scene chick. Parents didn't care what I did so I was always pushing boundaries. Drinking, festivals etc. I never got drunk etc though. Would only have one or two. Would be to fit in. Would mostly be holding the drink haha!! Didn't have to sneak out my parents didn't care :/ had a boyfriend got preg at 17 miscarried/molar again at 19/20 left him. Never finished school. I had epilepsy and never took my medications etc as I was embarrassed so I was always ill so missed a lot of days and also teachers would say 'stop ignoring me' when infact it was a seizure!

A girl bullied me for ages (I was chubby) she ****ed me off that much I remember editing this photo on paint or something and printing it putting it all over train station. She left me alone after that. She would humiliate me and leave me out the group, the lunch table etc. I was lonely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was considered a 'good kid'. Compared to my siblings I was nothing short of a saint. I was a calculated risk taker. Social, academic, perfectionist. My parents gave me a lot of freedom and I respected it (for the most part). Smoked a lot if p0t in year 11 and 12. Drank a bit but preferred p0t. Was boy crazy and lost all of my intelligence when it came to decision making in that area. I don't have regrets about it but feel sad sometimes for my 16/17 year old self. Loved going to parties, loved my mates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was so busy being the ideal kid for my families approval and caught up in the whole guilt aspect of a religious upbringing I was the perfect teen. I now deeply regret not getting up to more and experimenting at a time in your life that its more expected with less responsibilities. In some ways I'm living my life more now but it's different when you have a family, job, and kids to get uo to the next day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was boring!! I was very quiet, a bookworm, studied diligently, didn't socialize much, or party much!!I was also quite shy and had low self esteem..had a lot of family issues too, so that didn't help. I wasn't a very happy person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was a pretty good teenager. I had a bad attitude but never did anything bad. My parents insisted on knowing where I was going, who with, etc, and the few times that I deviated from that, they somehow found out, so I didn't do it again!
    I met my now husband when I was 15 and he was 18. They decided he was too old for me and I wasn't allowed to see him. I never saw him on my own but our mutual friends would arrange things so we could see each other. When I turned 16 they stopped caring about the age gap though and I was allowed to see him.
    The worst thing I did as a teen was drink too much at a few parties when I was underage but that probably only happened 2-3 times. I never got to the point of passing out or losing chunks of the night, plus it was only ever at parties of people I trusted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    My teens were horrendous. I was shuffled between my parents. My mum and step mum both hated me as I wasn't their favourite and then was homeless from 15. I suffered major depression and worked every night I could at either subway or a gaming arcade as it was easier then begging someone for somewhere to sleep. My boyfriends mother let me stay there a lot as she understood and I would clean her house in exchange for a roof (she didn't expect it).

I was an A grade student who was captain of the music squad, chess team, IT club and also tutored younger students. I would go on interstate band comps all the time which I won lots of prizes for then went to university on a full scholarship at 16.

My teens were mostly about surviving.