+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What were you like as a teenager?

Hi guys, it has been a long time since I have posted here. Just wanted to ask what were you like as a teenager? Were you a rebellious one, or were you fairly calm and happy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quietly slightly rebellious? I didn't get into trouble but did secretly date a guy my dad didn't approve of

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

spoon  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very rebellious, I have no idea how I'm still alive after the stupid things I did as a teen!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

spoon  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Computer addict! I was slightly rebellious but only a small amount. I was pretty social with all my friends but probably should have spent less time playing games on my computer and more time studying.

I also spent almost every night with my girlfriend over or at her house.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

spoon  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As a teen, very tame. I just went to school, rode my horses and chatted on the computer, that was pretty much it. I was a crappy student, and my teachers would have called me "rebelious" as I was difficult, but as far as what I got up to in my spare time, I was extremely tame. 20's was a nother story all together though. Definitely rebellious in my 20's.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

spoon  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quietly rebellious. I was respectful and close to my parents but I did things they didnt always know about. I dont know why I didnt ask them/tell them and hid it from them, just seems 'naughtier' that way. I never did anything overly stupid though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

spoon  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was considered rebellious from other people, and I think I spent lots of time back chatting and not getting along with my parents, but really I was a pretty good kid looking back on it. It wasn't hard to rebel against my parents because nothing I did was ever good enough, but if I had a teen like I was I would be pretty damn proud if I do say so myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well my mum often said to me she wished my brother was more like me and she could have had 5 of me so I guess I wasn't too bad

My mum put a lot of trust in me as a teenager and gave me a lot of freedom and I respected that except for the only time I wagged school. I felt so guilty about it that I told my mum a few days later. Apart from that I never did anything to worry her. I always had a close relationship to my mum though so told her everything. As long as she knew where I was going, what I was doing and whom I was with and what time I would be home she was happy and any change of plans I had to call her which I always did. Mum and dad knew all my friends too.

My brother however was a different story. He never had respect for anyone and still doesn't. He would disappear for days and not bother calling anyone, he would sneak out a lot. Mum used to worry like mad.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

spoon  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I feared the repercussions of doing anything remotely naughty, I wouldn't be allowed to talk back, slam a door if I was angry.

My parents definitely disciplined by fear, not of being beaten or anything, but got yelled at a lot or the complete opposite - given the silent treatment.

So I was a good girl. I didn't have a huge social life beyond going to the movies or mall with my friends, but I never went to parties or out at night. I went to the footy with my mum, but that's it.

I never felt the need or desire to rebel as I saw it as disrespectful to my parents and I knew that wasn't a fair thing to do.

So to sum it up - boring! But I lived in my 20s and had a life then at least!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

spoon  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was so very quiet and shy! Never broke any rules at school, work or home and spent most of my free time watching tv, hanging out with my sister and mum or my boyfriend. Went to a few movies and went shopping and worked a lot. Only went to two parties and both of them I was home before 11pm and never drunk (I hate the taste of alcohol). The worst I did was to continue sleeping with my ex after we broke up and made out with a couple of male friends down the park

So you could say I was a pretty boring goody two shoes?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (22-07-2014),spoon  (21-07-2014)