Closed Thread
Page 9 of 101 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Going ok here. River is teething bad and so so unhappy.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    Going ok here. River is teething bad and so so unhappy.

Poor little poppet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rebecca, exhaustion is a killer and right now, you're mentally tired and nothing makes sense. A lot of sleep consults will so a quick phone or email consult - maybe that is all you need to jig some ideas for you and Audrey?

Poor River. Chelsea is teething as well, so we are living on celery and carrot sticks, plus watermelon in those mesh net thingy's!

Yay Bond!!!! Upper Coomera is lovely and so close to the water! Worlds apart from Canberra!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow...I haven't posted for what seems like ages, and I miss everyone!

With regards to BF, I just want to say that I take my hat off to you Bond for still doing overnight BFs. If Lucy was still BFing overnight, I think my passion for it would be much less. I feed 4 times a day, but last at 7pm and first at around 8am. What is Meadow's pattern, if she has one? Good stuff on the house, too. It will be nice to be finally settled, I'm sure.

Yes, Toni, I did join the ABA and have been to one meeting thus far which was great. But the response I got from my mother and sister when I told them was unbelieveably derisive. They were making cracks about me still feeding Lucy when she is in Prep. She is only 13 months old!! Heaps of my Mothers' Group Mums fed their first bub until 2. Anyway, I just have to ignore it.

River looks so cute...wow she is very blonde!!

Rebecca; sounds like you are doing it tough. Sleep deprivation makes a person crazy, and is actually a form of torture in some cultures, after all. Is there anyone who can look after Audrey for a few hours while you get some sleep?

LS, how is Sienna going...is she on the mend? MIL gone yet?

MissX...do teething rusks help Chelsea at all?

Missing SageS and Maybee Baybee!!

Channy hello and big squishy hugs to your handsome boy.

Ponytail...can I be so rude as to ask what was wrong with little James? (Feel free not to answer by the way), and is he clear of disease now?

We leave QLD on Tuesday to go back home to Melbourne, and hubby is home now and says it is snowing in the backyard! But I still LOVE Melbourne. MIL is really still quite sick, and has gone off her trolley quite significantly, so I am sure we will be back up here again.

I need to stick with you lovely girls in this thread, as when I venture out to other threads I always seem to get myself into trouble!!

J xx.
    Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by J37; 02-08-2014 at 22:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissX River hated those mesh nets, how does Chelsea find them? Hope her teething isn't too bad.

J I'm glad you joined ABA. I find them to be very supportive even though I couldn't BF.

Yes I think Rivers hair is Sun bleached as I am dark brown and DP is black.

I hope you have a safe trip home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Wow...I haven't posted for what seems like ages, and I miss everyone!

With regards to BF, I just want to say that I take my hat off to you Bond for still doing overnight BFs. If Lucy was still BFing overnight, I think my passion for it would be much less. I feed 4 times a day, but last at 7pm and first at around 8am. What is Meadow's pattern, if she has one? Good stuff on the house, too. It will be nice to be finally settled, I'm sure.

Yes, Toni, I did join the ABA and have been to one meeting thus far which was great. But the response I got from my mother and sister when I told them was unbelieveably derisive. They were making cracks about me still feeding Lucy when she is in Prep. She is only 13 months old!! Heaps of my Mothers' Group Mums fed their first bub until 2. Anyway, I just have to ignore it.

River looks so cute...wow she is very blonde!!

Rebecca; sounds like you are doing it tough. Sleep deprivation makes a person crazy, and is actually a form of torture in some cultures, after all. Is there anyone who can look after Audrey for a few hours while you get some sleep?

LS, how is Sienna going...is she on the mend? MIL gone yet?

MissX...do teething rusks help Chelsea at all?

Missing SageS and Maybee Baybee!!

Channy hello and big squishy hugs to your handsome boy.

Ponytail...can I be so rude as to ask what was wrong with little James? (Feel free not to answer by the way), and is he clear of disease now?

We leave QLD on Tuesday to go back home to Melbourne, and hubby is home now and says it is snowing in the backyard! But I still LOVE Melbourne. MIL is really still quite sick, and has gone off her trolley quite significantly, so I am sure we will be back up here again.

I need to stick with you lovely girls in this thread, as when I venture out to other threads I always seem to get myself into trouble!!

J xx.
    Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks for asking it was actually me! Don't know if it's coincidence or just bad timing but 2 weeks after he was born my thyroid blew up to the size of a tennis ball and after many emergency scans and biopsies etc i was told i had thyroid cancer. Sounds scarier than it is, it's very slow growing and non aggressive and doesn't spread it's more like abnormal cells than a full on cancer so I had to have nuclear scans and radiation which put an end to breastfeeding it wasn't taken out as apparently there is no benefit to taking it out and I'm not at extra risk leaving it in so it's just being monitored but looks like we are out of the woods now and it's decreased in size (the mass) and no changes that ring alarm bells. I have a wonderful endocrinologist so I am in good hands. Really made me realise what is important in life though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bond, that's great that you've found a place.

Rebecca, sleep deprivation is hell. It sucks when you feel like you kinda know what you are doing, and then your baby shakes things up. I hope things improve soon.

J, I hope your flight home goes well. What have you been doing in the other threads?

Teething sucks.

Sienna is going well. She's got this cough that sounds awful, but we had her checked yesterday, and ears, throat and lungs are all fine. So that's good. She seems to be getting conjunctivitis a lot, and chemists are out of stock of the Chlorsig drops. Will try again today and see if they are in yet. MIL went home last Monday, Yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pony that sounds scary! I'm so glad it's all under control

LS coughs seem to b around at the moment and I think adelaide is having a conjunctivitis problem at the moment. So many young children getting it. I hp sienna is better soon, Lincoln has had a cough for coming up 6weeks :/

Hi to everyone else Lincoln is 6mths old as of yesterday and doing really well. Sitting up pretty well on his own but dies topple here and there. He now eats 3 meals a day and I have started goats yoghurt this week which he enjoys mixed with fruit. Going to add a bit of chicken mince to his veggies soon. He absolutely loves cruskits and Vegemite.

I feel like I have got the working mum thing sorted now and have even added being a Lily Anne locket consultant in my spare time to try and make a little extra cash so life is busy but awesome ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1407044133.744386.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1407044157.744145.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1407044175.479698.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBeCcA7 View Post
    That's good bond! I love the smell of new house. I'm weird I know

I'm wrecked! Audrey is apparently in the middle of a leap and I am buggered. She has been so unsettled during the day every day all week and I'm going mad. She's just so cranky and tired yet I just can't get her to sleep. Even found myself googling private sleep consultants out of desperation today though Dh thinks it's unnecessary. I don't know. Just feel I'm not doing a good job of managing and feel embarrassed that a large part of my job was to help parents learn about their children and read their cues yet I'm struggling to recognize my own. Sorry for the whinge.
    Rebecca, being a parent of a little baby is bloody hard work. The tiredness affects you completely. It's probably a leap like you said and therefore very little you can do to help the situation, so don't feel like you should have control of it just because you're supposed to know this stuff. If you want to call someone I found Safe Sleep Space's advice practical and gentle. They do a 20 min phone consultation for $44. It made me feel better just to talk it through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Channy, Lincoln is such a gorgeous little boy. It's lovely to see how he's changed over the months.

Toni I hope River's teeth come through soon! How many weeks are you now?

LS, boo to conjunctivitis! Are you still planning bubba #2 later this year?

Ponytail, how scary for you. I'm so pleased you're ok. I also thought you were talking about James on previous posts.

Miss X, how's Chelsea's sleep at the moment? You were having a tough time a while back but sound much happier currently.

J, yes I saw that other thread. Those other ladies don't know you like we do. Although there are different opinions and preferences here we all support one another. I really dislike when threads get too heated, it plays on mind.

AFM, looking forward to moving into the new house in a couple of weeks. I want to get the kids settled in their own rooms again and (hopefully) sleeping better. I think I officially have the worst sleeper on this thread (of the older babies) unless someone wishes to challenge me. Oh well, it has to be someone! She was awake 5-6 times last night, I lost count. I feel so bone tired at the end of the day. Oh, and to answer your question, J, Meadow doesn't really have a pattern of feeding overnight. Just whenever she wakes up she demands it which currently is every 1-3 hours! I am so over it.

Trying to spend some quality time with Toby too as I feel I'm always seeing to Meadow's needs and he gets pushed aside sometimes as she cries louder! If I try to read him a story or have a cuddle when she's around she's soon clawing at me trying to be picked up. Jealousy!!! Mummy guilt has kicked in so we had a nice hour at the beach together this afternoon.
    Last edited by Bond Girl; 03-08-2014 at 19:34.