Closed Thread
Page 75 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi ladies, thanks for your lovely words.

Toby has just cracked 10 kilos now at almost 15 months. He is about 40-50th percentile I think.

Maybee once again, so sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

bond, Yep still using CFC though so far we've only dealt with their Sydney sister clinic who I haven't been impressed with!

Toby's sleeping is slowly improving as we have stopped letting him hold our hand to go to sleep so hopefully he will realise there's no point waking anymore!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope Bond doesn't mind me answering...so, intussusception is when the bowel "telescopes" back on itself, thereby cutting off parts of the blood supply to the bowel. It is a surgical emergency, as after a period of time without adequate blood supply, parts of the bowel can die and then perforate, leading to circulatory shock. (Hope that makes sense).

It is quite uncommon, and usually happens in infancy (for varying anatomic reasons). It is characterised by intermittent pain (so, pain comes and goes), and then severe constant pain. Often you can see a "sausage-shaped" mass coming and going in the child's abdomen.

Quite rare, so poor Toby has been very unlucky. However...luckily for him, Bond acted quickly and he will be fine!!

Big hugs for Toby!

J xx.
    (Bond, hope it was OK that I answered).

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (05-02-2015),maybee baybee  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Thank you. It was super hard seeing him spaced out on laughing gas when he had the first canula put in (especially when it made him throw up) and when doped up on ketamine to sedate him. I know it was all necessary but I didn't like the thought of it all in his body somehow, I think because he was so different to how he usually is. And ketamine I associate with drug misuse!! I wanted him sedated after the distress the first time but freaked out when I knew what they used! Anyway thank goodness it's over now. Please be aware of this if any unexplained stomach pains for your little ones!

How is everyone else going?
    Poor darling, glad he is ok now xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Ps Ava weighed 12.2kg at 18m
    Attachment 66593
    Attachment 66594
    Oh my god she's gorgeous!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

maybee baybee  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil Smurfy-I hope Sienna starts sleeping better, it must be so hard when you are working too.

Mamasupial - she is divine

Toni- Cant believe how quickly your two are growing up!
    Rainbow- I hope all goes well with DP’s IVF treatment and that you feel more included, Toby is just gorgeous as always
    J- I have been thinking of you I hope all is going ok with your treatment x

I am sorry if I have missed anyone, I am really struggling to stay up to date with everything in my life at the moment. Working full time, plus a million other things on my plate is keeping me in a permanent state of guilt and feeling like I am lagging.

Lincoln turned one on Monday, he is a lovely, social little character who is very loud with a big appetite for both food and life. I am in love with him as ever. He is 79cm and 12.23kg and his party is this Sunday, so I am busily trying to cater and organise a party for 70 adults and 30 children

Lil Smurfy-I hope Sienna starts sleeping better, it must be so hard when you are working too.

Mamasupial - she is divine

Toni- Cant believe how quickly your two are growing up!
    Rainbow- I hope all goes well with DP’s IVF treatment and that you feel more included, Toby is just gorgeous as always
    J- I have been thinking of you I hope all is going ok with your treatment x

I am sorry if I have missed anyone, I am really struggling to stay up to date with everything in my life at the moment. Working full time, plus a million other things on my plate is keeping me in a permanent state of guilt and feeling like I am lagging.

Lincoln turned one on Monday, he is a lovely, social little character who is very loud with a big appetite for both food and life. I am in love with him as ever. He is 79cm and 12.23kg and his party is this Sunday, so I am busily trying to cater and organise a party for 70 adults and 30 children

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Omg sooooo cute!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    J, of course it's fine that you explained Toby's condition. You did a much better job than I would have done!

Channy, happy birthday to Lincoln! Such an adorable little chap and really looks like you I think from pics I've seen.
    Arghhh, 70 adults and 30 kids to his party?! Hope you've got plenty of help with the catering and cleaning up! I'm sure you'll have a blast.

And I know what you mean about struggling to find time for everything....and I only work part time, but there are simply not enough hours in the day to fit everything in!! I keep trying to remind myself that the early years with young kids are tough but it'll get easier when they're a bit bigger and more independent....I hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is really hard, I have to really not think about everything too much ie- the fact I'm basically not bringing up my child, because otherwise I want to cry. I just try to do my job while at work and enjoy every second at home, but it gets to me at times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    It is really hard, I have to really not think about everything too much ie- the fact I'm basically not bringing up my child, because otherwise I want to cry. I just try to do my job while at work and enjoy every second at home, but it gets to me at times.
    Exactly this!! I'm looking after other people's kids while someone else looks after my baby.