Closed Thread
Page 73 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Possum is still struggling with weight. Attachment 66521
    She is pretty cute though.
    Aww, yes certainly very cute. How old is she now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Aww, yes certainly very cute. How old is she now?
    4 months on Australia day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil Smurfy, yeah in my experience with Toby its totally normal to have these ups and downs with sleep. It still happens with him now at various times. I hope Sienna starts sleeping better soon for you. I'm expecting the same phases with Meadow. She'll be 18 months on the 15th so gotta book her for needles and a check. Sure she's barely 10kg so they'll probably give me a hard time about her weight. Doesn't concern me though fortunately

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    J, I am so sorry to hear your news I'll be sending you healing vibes. Wish we could do something more for you.

Not much happening here. DP has started her IVF cycle and it's been hard and I've been quite depressed about it not being me. It's also hard to be apart of the process when you're running after a toddler, so I feel quite disconnected from the whole experience.

Toby is doing well. He's 15 months next week. Chatting a lot, has lots of cute tricks and is generally a joy to be around. Still not the best sleeper though! Here's a pic.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1423037435.196638.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rainbow, he's gorgeous. Good luck with the ivf cycle. I can only imagine how hard it must be to not be the one cycling. When is the transfer?

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Collection will be either next wed or fri so transfer will be 5 days after collection day.

It's so difficult, but made even more so by DPs very poor attempts to include me. Ah well. I'm sure it'll all be forgotten when there's another baby around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah Rainbow, Toby is beautiful! Such lovely eyes. Hang in there re. Sleep. My boobie monster is now sleeping through most nights until 5am, but that's only been the last month or two. Just gradually got better the last few months. Hopefully Toby will be similar....

I can only imagine that it must be hard not being the one carrying this time....but I'm also sure that, like you said, once baby is here you will have forgotten all about it and just enjoy newborn cuddles again.

Fingers crossed collection and transfer goes well. Are you still using Canberra Fertility Centre?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the vibes, Rainbow

I don't think I would cope well with your situation, either! (I hope it is not wrong of me to say that?). But we are here for you when you need to vent.
    Is your partner as clucky as you? Was she very involved when you went through IVF? Are you able to talk to her about how you feel?
    Please keep us posted.

Bond, I am glad that Toby avoided surgery. Ketamine is actually widely used in paediatric sedation, and for some reason its administration in children is quite different to adults...the two groups react quite differently. (So no, Toby wont get the taste for street drugs!!). Ketamine is really effective for sedation in kids for short procedures, and offers good pain relief too. I hope the doctors explained everything to you prior to the procedure.
    Poor little bloke...quite unlucky to have an intussusception at his age. But you acted quickly, and he should be fine.

Lucy is quite the little toddler now. It took her a while to finally walk, but now she has figured it out, she mostly runs! We have begun "Mummy-toddler relations" regarding what is acceptable toddler behaviour...which doesn't always go well!! I am not serious...but I am trying to establish the word "no", which has lead to a couple of good tantrums, mostly self-limiting as she moves on to the next thing!

Back soon, J.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh yes, J, we have those lovely tantrums here too!! Lovely to hear Lucy is now running around. Does she play well with Oscar or lots of fighting over toys like my two? Has Oscar started prep this year? Not sure if it's got a different name in VIC! Full time school is what I mean, anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bond Im glad you won't worry about her weight. River was 10.4kg at 18mths

Rainbow it must be very hard. I hope your DP starts including you. Toby is adorable!

J Lucy sounds like River, loves to run. Good luck with Mummy-toddler relations. Sometimes tantrums are so funny.