Closed Thread
Page 56 of 101 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    J I agree with everyone. You do it when u r ready

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    J it's yours and Lucy's decision. I know quite a few people that breast fed their child till at least 24months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry just adding the pic that didn't work ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1414996176.693570.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    I am still BF twice a day, which I love, but am getting pressure from my family to wean her...but I don't want to!! She is almost 17 months, but is still like a baby to me!!

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    If I could have breastfed, I would have as long as we wanted/needed to. Screw everyone else's opinion. Do what works for you and Lucy. You're an amazing mama

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Miss X, how did you go about day weaning? I don't want to stop just cut back a bit to two day time feeds plus her one in the middle of the night. She really doesn't eat very much!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your support
    I was pressured into weaning Oscar at 9 months, and I regretted it ALOT afterwards.
    BF is often hard work, but the lovely close cuddles are worth it for me.
    I don't understand why people (Mum, my sister, etc) feel the need to interfere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Miss X, how did you go about day weaning? I don't want to stop just cut back a bit to two day time feeds plus her one in the middle of the night. She really doesn't eat very much!!!
    Does she have a sippy cup for water? I make sure Lucy gets fluids in this way, between morning and night feeds. It may help you with day weaning...at least thirst wont be the issue during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Rebecca, just curious.. Did you have a low milk supply?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. I was expressing after every feed and only getting 10-30ml out of both sides combined. motilium makes me drowsy. We tried hiring the hospital pump too for three weeks to help but it didn't increase. I was offering the breast also and she would get frustrated. The left side went first and it wasn't long before the right. So we mix fed for the first month or so. I think it was a combination of things.
    1. My boobs didn't grow at all during pregnancy which according to the midwives for a sign of potential problems
    2. She was tube fed as she was Prem and was too tired to suck so initially I was only able to offer the breast from day 3 and every second feed. On day one, they wouldn't help with expressing!!
    I was expressing in between but had zero lactation support and it was as if because she was in special care, I was totally ignored as a patient still so had to argue with the midwives for help.

Anyway, I tried and felt so cheated about it all and miserable. But, if I persisted with so little, she would have starved and been re admitted so I gave up. Formula it is. I guess we are lucky to have such good formula now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I've heard from a few PCOS'ers now that they had a lack of supply. That's what I'm struggling with at the moment. DD is bottle fed as she refuses to latch (my nipples are too flat). So I'm expressing and formula feeding. I'm takng Motilium and Fenugreek. Come to think of it.. my boobs didn't grow during pregnancy either.

Quote Originally Posted by ReBeCcA7 View Post
    Yep. I was expressing after every feed and only getting 10-30ml out of both sides combined. motilium makes me drowsy. We tried hiring the hospital pump too for three weeks to help but it didn't increase. I was offering the breast also and she would get frustrated. The left side went first and it wasn't long before the right. So we mix fed for the first month or so. I think it was a combination of things.
    1. My boobs didn't grow at all during pregnancy which according to the midwives for a sign of potential problems
    2. She was tube fed as she was Prem and was too tired to suck so initially I was only able to offer the breast from day 3 and every second feed. On day one, they wouldn't help with expressing!!
    I was expressing in between but had zero lactation support and it was as if because she was in special care, I was totally ignored as a patient still so had to argue with the midwives for help.

Anyway, I tried and felt so cheated about it all and miserable. But, if I persisted with so little, she would have starved and been re admitted so I gave up. Formula it is. I guess we are lucky to have such good formula now.