Closed Thread
Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    AF came back yesterday - bugger. Funny though, I actually thought I might be pregnant, so I finally (after putting it off for days) POAS to see what was going on & when I wiped - there it was! Lets hope I have normal cycles from now on!

Chelsea is now 13 months and I am deciding to start weaning her off boobs Going to concentrate on weaning off day time boob and just keep with night and 1st morning feeds. I am finding she is just way to clingy and will not eat solids, except out of a pouch! I feel a little sad, but at the same time, feel emotionless about it. Not sure if that is the AF moods talking though!

The only person I want thinking I am the most amazing person ever for giving birth is my hubby - as for everyone else, I don't give a sh!t what they think of me and my pain relief decisions....

Welcome Becca and beautiful Allison!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MissXamA For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (12-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Miss X, let us know how you go with weaning. I'm in a similar position, in that Meadow is very clingy and boob obsessed during the day. Keeps wanting to feed all the time and not eating as much as I'd like.

How did you feel about not being pregnant?

The good news for us that I've kept forgetting to share is that Meadow's sleep is so much better! I decided to night wean about a month ago, however, the first night before I even did anything she slept way better just of her own accord. So rather than totally night weaning I stopped letting her fall back to sleep on the boob when she woke in the night which did involve some crying but I just cuddled her and it wasn't so bad. But think she was improving anyway though and now she usually sleeps until 3 or 4 before waking, has a brief feed and back to sleep until 6 if I'm lucky. Or many nights she sleeps thru until 0500 but then is up for the day so think I prefer one waking! I'm so happy with that so not pushing to drop the feed altogether just yet, will give her a bit longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond that is fantastic news!!! It is so much easier when they start doing things on their own terms!

Honestly, I was relieved not to be pregnant. We just got back from a week away on Fraser Island with friends and family and it was probably one of the worst and most humiliating weeks of my life! I was hoping that spending some time with other kids would show my hubby that C is just normal with her behaviour. What it really showed me was that she is a downright brat! Constantly whinged, and I do mean constantly. And if she wasn't whinging, it was throwing massive tantrums. It was really embarrassing as I was looking to the other mums in the group to help give me some advice on what they did during these 'trying' times and my cousin admitted that her little 'devils' were never this full on. It was really hard for me to realise that I am now THAT parent with THAT kid. And to top it all off, I got really ill while we were there and was hoping hubby would just take her out for the day so I could just sleep and get better. But no, he stayed at the house with me - not to look after me, but to look after C as he knew she couldn't be away from me!!! I was sooooooo pi55y with him! Normally he is going on and on about how he wants the opportunity to do stuff with her alone and when he could, he doesn't!!
    So after all that, when I was thinking I might have been pregnant, honestly, a very small part of me was hoping I wouldn't be to far along as I might terminate. I am terrified of having another at the same intensity...or even more intense than my darling little girl!

Otherwise, in great news - she is walking!!!!!!!

oh I have forgotten what it is like to have AF.....ugh...................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Recent photo of my little cherub....

Dress from Cotton on Baby - love that shop! Wish I could afford everything in it!
    Chelsea2.jpg

and my fave...

Kisses.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    She is adorable!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been reading along but everything I come to post I get distracted.

With tch the whole pain conversation. I had nothing but a little bit of gas and it made me loopy and I didn't like not feeling present so I have it to the midwife and said no more thanks. I had no epi or any other drug and I don't talk to anyone about it as no one asked me about my birth. I was proud I managed drug free it was what I wanted and what DH wanted so I know he was proud of me and that's all that matters

Bond - so glad M is sleeping better! She looks very cute using Toby's toy as a little scooter. I hope if you have a third you don't have a traumatic birth.

Becca- I hope A puts on some weight hopefully the 2 hourly feeds keep you out of hospital. Do whatever you can and trust your mummy instincts. It's normal for babies to lose weight after birth.

Toni, J & Smurfy gorgeous photos

Rainbow - exciting that Toby is starting to walk and I love his first word!! So cute!!

missx- sorry to hear your trip away was difficult and embarrassing. I really hope actually calms down soon for you and that AF isn't too horrible to you!

Not much happening here, finally starting properly on the new baby's room. Have to put the cot together this weekend. Have to book in for my GCT as well.
    A is going really well, she brings me so much joy. She's almost walking now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    DD is now 17 days old and is finally above birth weight!! Yayy!!! She's out on 120grams feeling so relieved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay go Allison!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ReBeCcA7 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's fantastic news Becca

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's great news Becca!

I think lincoln might be getting teeth, he is clingy, pulling his ears and screams to go to bed at night, which is so not like him. Tonight we have had screaming for hours, iv given gel and panadol, rocked, patted everything and nothing worked. My husband finally got him to sleep somehow. I am so ashamed at how little patience I have these days. He has always been pretty easy but when he was really young I had loads of patience coz I wasn't working so I only had to focus on him. Now after working all day, doing the drop off and picks ups, doin the bath/bed routine and trying to get stuff sorted for day care tomorrow, I am exhausted and not equipped to deal with hours of screaming. How do I get better at this?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (14-10-2014)