Closed Thread
Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    The pain med judgement or birth judgment totally frustrates me. From my experience, women that give birth without pain meds have to bring it up as often as they can. My DIG was a perfect example of this. I think it doesn't matter how your baby comes Into the world, the health of you and your baby is the most important thing. I had an epidural and would have no issue having another one next time. It doesn't make me any less of a mum because some of the birth I didn't feel
    No I totally agree, I don't feel like a martyr for not having an epidural and I don't talk about it much but prior to giving birth I got annoyed about ppl telling me what I would and would not do. I certainly don't think ppl that do are any less or more of anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome Becca! Allison is beautiful! I really wish I'd has newborn pics like that done. Didn't even cross my mind until it was too late, they're so lovely. I hope you avoid a hospital stay!

Toni, Mesa is gorgeous. It's great you're managing to bf so far. It's so bloody hard at first. Especially with another child to think about and look after!

Re. The pain relief conversation. After the trauma of Meadow's birth, the sudden vacuum and forceps with no time for an epidural, I am seriously considering it for #3 if it happens. It's unlikely that situation would happen again but I've now had two complicated births (the last being absolutely excruciating due to the instrumental delivery) despite being prepared for natural and I'm not sure I could take that pain again!! We'll see. I think I would go in with an open mind and just have the epidural if necessary, if there's time! I'm not keen for gas or pethidine though as I'm afraid of getting sick (my phobia coming through). I refused morphine after her birth to help me manage with the pain of the tear until the surgery could be arranged for that reason too. Although I would love my third and final baby to be born the way I want, not all this complicated stuff, but it might be unlikely. Anyway after that rambling my point is that I'm open to an epidural now and completely understand why people have them. Would not judge a woman for that decision.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (10-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I had gas and morphine. I wanted to go natural but my 7 hour labour was so intense. I screamed for an epi but it was too late. After I had DD my placenta wouldn't detach and my uterus wouldn't clamp down so I had to go to theatre to have it manually removed and had to have an epi anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow the babies in here are so gorgeous!!!

Hope everyone is well! I'm still reading along

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome becca. I hope feeding improves. it is Damn hard! Had that issue with River, wouldn't attach, wouldn't stay awake, my supply didn't come in. Hope it's easier for you.

J Lucy is getting so big! is she still little on the charts?

Pain relief I think should be people's personal choice. I tried the gas with River and it turned me into a space cadet and I couldn't figure out how to breathe so had pethidine. This time I also had pethidine I had very quick intense labours. This time the pain was mostly in the back and while the shower helped I couldn't stand in the shower the whole time. Epidurals scare me so wanted to avoid them for that reason.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using The Bub Hub mobile app

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Pain relief - to each their own. I had none until they put me on synto and after 24 hours of labour it was such a relief. I fell asleep until I was ready to push!

We are doing well. Toby is nearly walking - he will take 2-3 steps here and there now. He also says "duck" and "hello bunny" (to our rabbit). Can't believe he's one next month!

Attachment 61916

Thanks
    Reviews
    My advice...if you want an epidural, ask for it early...before it is too late.

Here is Lucy sitting on the letterbox. She is an eating machine now, I think she's on 30th percentile. She still looks little compared to others, but I am sure that will change!!
    Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Ps. $7 Best and Less dress
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    My advice...if you want an epidural, ask for it early...before it is too late.

Here is Lucy sitting on the letterbox. She is an eating machine now, I think she's on 30th percentile. She still looks little compared to others, but I am sure that will change!!
    Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Ps. $7 Best and Less dress
    Gorgeous and gotta love a bargain! Her hair is always so neat

Thanks
    Reviews
    1413019328891.jpg1413019338115.jpg

Here is Meadow trying to ride Toby's little Bob the Builder toy. It's not meant to be sat on but she did a good job scooting around on it!!!

Gotta love Best n less, J. Lucy is looking gorgeous.

Rainbow, how exciting that Toby is starting to walk!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (11-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Attachment 61948Attachment 61949

Here is Meadow trying to ride Toby's little Bob the Builder toy. It's not meant to be sat on but she did a good job scooting around on it!!!

Gotta love Best n less, J. Lucy is looking gorgeous.

Rainbow, how exciting that Toby is starting to walk!
    Such a cute determined grin!