Closed Thread
Page 45 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Welcome Becca. Allison is beautiful. How's everything going?
    I thought we were going ok but the nurse today isn't happy that Alli is still under her birth weight and is the same weight she was a week ago. I've been told to feed every 2 hours and if she doesn't gain weight by Monday, she might have to go back to hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That sux Becca. I had similar with Sienna. They kept us in hospital for a day longer, then a check up with a nurse a week later found she'd only gained 30g. She sent us back to the Paed who said she was having plenty of wet nappies and wasn't dehydrated, so it wasn't too big a concern.

The issue we had was that I didn't make enough milk. They didn't pick up until day 5 that my milk supply sucked, which was why Sienna had lost so much weight. For us, the solution was formula top ups after Breastfeeding.

I hope she gains weight soon x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (09-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    I thought we were going ok but the nurse today isn't happy that Alli is still under her birth weight and is the same weight she was a week ago. I've been told to feed every 2 hours and if she doesn't gain weight by Monday, she might have to go back to hospital
    I wouldn't worry just yet, especially if you think she is feeding well. Both mine lost a substantial amount of weight initially; they go from an environment where nutrition is abundant via the placenta...to the outside world where they have to work for it. My advice is be sensible but not too paranoid...I know it's easier said than done!!!
    She is gorgeous, by the way.
    J.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (09-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBeCcA7 View Post
    I hate the labour pain med judgement. You're getting your baby out so who cares!! Same with the whole c section "well you didn't really give birth" or "feel any pain" rubbish. Ummm I just had a human cut out of my abdomen while I was awake!!! Didn't hurt while it happened but it sure as he'll hurt after!
    I hate it too...to me, it's just women being *****y to and judgemental of each other.
    Everyone on this thread knows my opinion about drugs in labour...the more the better!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil Smurfy, I loved that photo of Sienna...how do you stop her pulling out her hair-clip? I thought it was gorgeous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    That sux Becca. I had similar with Sienna. They kept us in hospital for a day longer, then a check up with a nurse a week later found she'd only gained 30g. She sent us back to the Paed who said she was having plenty of wet nappies and wasn't dehydrated, so it wasn't too big a concern.

The issue we had was that I didn't make enough milk. They didn't pick up until day 5 that my milk supply sucked, which was why Sienna had lost so much weight. For us, the solution was formula top ups after Breastfeeding.

I hope she gains weight soon x
    Thanks ladies. I'm feeding EBM and topping up with formula. I'm struggling to get her to keep drinking. Plenty of wee nappies too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Lil Smurfy, I loved that photo of Sienna...how do you stop her pulling out her hair-clip? I thought it was gorgeous.

I put it in just before I took the pic ;-)
    The clips I buy are baby ones, so they are light weight. Most of the time she forgets that it's there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Gorgeous girl

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (09-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    Thanks ladies. I'm feeding EBM and topping up with formula. I'm struggling to get her to keep drinking. Plenty of wee nappies too.
    Sounds like you're doing what you can. Hopefully feeding 2 hourly will help.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (09-10-2014)