Closed Thread
Page 26 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Party looks fantastic MissX!

Toby had a good night. We both got a lot of sleep and there was minimal coughing. He seems a bit better today, no temp, not coughing as much. Still snotty, but he's eating which he wasn't doing yesterday.

Hopefully the worst is behind us
    Glad to hear he is feeling better. Goodbye winter bugs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies and babies!

Long time no speak! Sorry I am terrible due to the app never working on my phone

I have been reading along and will attempt a catch up.

MissX- gorgeous party! Chelsea is so cute.

Pony- we are having a 13month age gap between bubbas. I'm sure people think we are crazy but it's the best for our little family so we are happy with the choices we made. We will have a longer gap between 2&3 probably around 18months - 2 years.

J- Lucy is so cute, love seeing her photos. Hope everything is going well with Lucy glad she started crawling.

LS- how rude of your MIL!! Sienna is gorgeous and couldn't possibly have an 'ugly face'

Maybee- Ava is so gorgeous as is Lincoln Channy.

Bond - all settled into your house? How are you liking QLD?

Oh drats. That's all I remember

As for us, Aurora is doing very well! She's 8.5 months, sitting, crawling, trying to stand/walk and says a few words now. She's a very happy content baby and is too cute for her own good!!
    I'm 21 weeks with bub 2, found out the sex a few weeks ago and keeping it a secret from friends and family.

I got married 3 weeks ago and it was a beautiful day, we announced our pregnancy right at the end of the night. Mil wasn't too impressed apparently 6 grand kids is too many. If only she knew we are planning more!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Channy so photos are adorable! Lincoln is really such a beautiful baby. He's going to be a gorgeous little boy as he grows.

MCB- So glad to hear from you and congratulations on your marriage! Do you have a picture? I love seeing wedding dresses he he. You must not be showing too much if you have been able to keep your pregnancy under wraps until 3 weeks ago. That's a lovely way to announce it. What a shame about MIL's reaction! 6 Grandkids isn't much at all! My MIL has 11 and my Dad has 13!

To answer your question-yes we've settled in and made the place homely apart from the pile of crap in the garage and guest room! We're loving QLD and the weather. It's been extremely stressful though.

Actually I'm going for a counselling/therapy session on Thursday to try to explore my feelings re. my marriage and our seemingly endless ongoing conflict. I want to go on my own to try to talk to someone rather than do couples counselling which we've done before. Hopefully it's a step in the right direction.

In other news... I have a job interview on Thursday too. It's a part time youth worker/group facilitator position (38 hrs a fortnight) which I applied for in case DH doesn't get work. But now he's got an interview with Foxtel tomorrow anyway so if he gets that I'm not sure I want to work! I am not ready to put Meadow in childcare. I know she's 12 months old now but I can't imagine it. I was only going to do the job if DH was able to look after her. But anyway he said to go for the interview and see what happens. I might not even get it. In a way i'd like to work and get some life outside of the house/kids but as I said I'm not comfortable putting M in childcare yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bond thanks, he is a bloody cheeky thing and had begun doing throw himself backward full blown tantrums so I think I am in for some interesting times.

Good luck with the counseling, hp u can find some answers. Also good luck with ur and DH interviews!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Channy I love the photos of Lincoln on the farm. So cute.

Michelle Nice to see you in here. I have trouble with the app all the time too. Drives me insane! Glad Aurora is doing well.

Bond I hope the counselling helps. Arguing with your DH would be very unpleasant. Good luck to you both for your interviews. I can understand your apprehension around putting Meadow in daycare, I felt the same but had no choice and now River loves it.

Rainbow I love those photos of Toby.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Channy - Chelsea always throws herself back and has HUGE tantrums, it really is quite annoying to be honest. I understand that they don't know how to communicate, so they are frustrated, but errrrrrr!!!!!

Bond, I really hope counselling works. Hubby and I were going to go to counselling a few months back as we were in such a bad rut after Chelsea was born. But he got out and started making himself healthy and a priority and we don't seem to fight anymore. He does nit pick quite a bit, but I just ignore him now! lol So need to choose my battles!

Gosh Toby is adorable - hope his sleep improves. Chelsea's sleep is back to sh!t I need to get back in order and be a bit more strict with her overnight feeds!

Tony, So sorry that this pregnancy is quite painful for you and really hope the weeks fly by for you! I to thought about what would happen if I had another and felt sad that it would no longer be just Chelsea and I. So I think we will have to wait until she can hang with dad a bit more. When my sister came along, I was 8 and very much a mummy's girl (dad was never in the picture) and I never remember being jealous, I was stoked to have a doll to play with So I think beautiful River will be fine and I am sure you will have heaps of alone time together.

Tomorrow is 12 month needle day So not looking forward to it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @J37, is there a cough medicine safe to take while breastfeeding? Pharmacist said no but not sure if that's true as they're sometimes overly cautious! I've lost so much sleep the last two nights due to coughing (plus Meadow's usual wake ups!) I feel horrible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    @J37, is there a cough medicine safe to take while breastfeeding? Pharmacist said no but not sure if that's true as they're sometimes overly cautious! I've lost so much sleep the last two nights due to coughing (plus Meadow's usual wake ups!) I feel horrible!
    The only over-the-counter cough-suppressant which actually works is "Rikodeine". It does enter the breast milk, but in very small amounts. It may cause slight drowsiness in Meadow, but in reality...it most probably will have no effect on her, as the amount passed on in milk is so small.
    Manufacturers and health professionals are obliged to tell you this, but if it were me...I would personally have no problem taking it

I would just "forget" to tell the Pharmacist you are BF, if you get my point. Tell them you have been advised to take Rikodeine by a doctor.

Hope this helps. J x.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks J. If you would be happy taking it then that's good enough for me. Will try it tonight to see if I can get some more sleep. If it makes M a bit drowsy then that's a bonus overnight. Wouldn't do it if she was tiny but I'm getting rather desperate for rest now! Appreciate the advice x