Closed Thread
Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ps. RR, I understand you not wanting to wake Toby. If Lucy has 2 naps, I do wake her after 1 hour in the afternoon (ie. if she goes down at 4pm, I'll wake her at 5pm for dinner). No idea if that is the right thing to do, and she does get very cranky, but otherwise I cannot get her down by 7pm...then I get cranky!!

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah that's fair enough Rainbow. I guess you'll just have to see how he goes then. Might mean lots of late nights if he can't stay awake long enough to drop to one nap. He'll find his own rhythm no doubt.

Meadow has a shorter morning nap of 30 mins which she's done for as long as I can remember (apart from the odd week here or there when it's been an hour or more) and then longer in the afternoon. But this can be anywhere from an hour to as much as 2.5 hrs. I always get her up by around 3:30 now she's older or it affects her bedtime. Unless she's sick or something of course. I don't mind the morning sleep being shorter now as I can get out of the house earlier. Toby gets a bit bored otherwise, he's used to going out to parks, playgroups etc. He still has a short lunchtime nap (didn't drop to one until 20 months old because he used to wake up so bloody early!!) but that needs to go before he starts kindy next year.

J, funny you thought about pregnancy too!! But definitely no!

Off to bed for me. I keep having to go ridiculously early to cope with night wakings, 05:30 mornings and now illness and moving!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lil Smurfy how cute and exciting for Sienna's first steps.

As for day sleeps Ava is probably ready to transition to 1 day sleep. She has an hour and a half late morning to midday and then a 45min arvo nap, but am finding she takes at least 10 or 15mins to settle. Not crying but babbling. I wake her by 4:15pm to ensure she's ready for sleep at 7pm. She sleeps 7-7 generally.

Rainbow what time is Toby's first sleep? And what time does he generally wake to start the day?

Bond sounds like you've been hit pretty bad with this virus. Hope you feel better soon. Moving house is tough at any time let alone being sick. Good luck!

So Toni you think Lucky is a boy. Time will soon tell. Are you worried how River will adjust to having a baby around?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quickly caught up (think I need to be a but more on top of reading through each day like I used to). My brain is too tired to do personals but exciting to see babies all growing up, talking, walking, teeth coming through, getting there own little personalities I just love seeing how far we have all come, it's beautiful.

Iv wondered about the amber necklaces too but Lincoln has no signs of teething and I admit I'm a tad dubious so haven't bought one.

We are all good here except for Lincoln's never ending bloody cough ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1408275918.623917.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1408275932.632551.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1408275949.576534.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1408275960.232564.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1408275968.178097.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Cute pics Channy.

I got Sienna an Amber anklet which was cute. I'm wary about her wearing something around her neck. I haven't put the anklet on her in about 7 months.

Bond, I hope you're 100% soon. Any idea when you'll be moving?

Rainbow, I'm with you, I find it hard to wake a sleeping baby. With childcare, I have no choice in the mornings though.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1408309820.351040.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1408309839.447798.jpg

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Maybee, up at 7, first nap usually around 9:30.

Bond, on the few occasions recently he has had one sleep he has coped fine with it.

Who knows, I'm just rolling with it.

We had a terrible night last night, Toby just wouldn't sleep without a boob in his mouth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Channy Lincoln is so cute and so much like you.

Sienna is adorable, love the hair clip. Ava wouldn't sit still long enough to have her hair done. I'm thinking about getting her first haircut but don't want her curls cut.

Rainbow how long is Toby sleeping in the morning? I guess just continue reading his cues, if he's ok on one day sleep guess it can't hurt. I've always woken Ava from naps to ensure she sleeps well at night. Too much day sleep for her and she won't settle and wakes too early. Does Toby usually still have night feeds or was last night a once off? Hopefully you're able to rest today

My sister bought an amber anklet for Ava but it slipped off in the bath and went down the plug hole 2 days after wearing it. I know mums who swear by them and others who think they're rubbish.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1408315675.961524.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1408315728.849925.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1408316004.723055.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautiful photos Maybee.

Sienna hates her hair being brushed and I thought she'd be pulling at the hair clip, but it's a special baby one that is so light she doesn't even notice it

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Rainbow we have had exactly the same thing last few nights. Meadow wakes up to be fed and it's a struggle to get her off the boob. Everytime she seems to be asleep and I try to unlatch her she screams. Same for her naps (as I feed to sleep). It's driving me potty. I'm actually trying to get her off at the moment!

Very cute photos from everyone!!

Toni let's see if your boy prediction is right! I think every mum gets worried about the impact of a sibling. All you can do is prepare her as best you can at her age, involve her with bub when he/she is here and try to get one on one time when you can. The latter isn't easy in the early days but you'll get there. Remember that a sibling is a wonderful gift for her. It can be so hard juggling the needs of both kids that you lose any time for yourself, so try to get help from family and friends as much as possible when you need a break. Is River going to keep going to family day care at all?

Well its moving day for us and I am getting stronger but just taking the kids to the playground for 30 mins has wiped me out and I felt dizzy driving home. Not good!!! Poor DH is doing all the moving of boxes himself. Take away tonight I think (not for me though, still on toast only!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sienna's waking heaps during the night at the moment too. Thankfully she's bottle fed so I just hand her her bottle and leave her to it, then grab it when she's finished