Closed Thread
Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quickly popping in to say that Chelsea has only just started to have longer naps now! The past 3 or 4 days she has been having 2 x (at least) 1 hour naps - sometimes 1.5 hour naps!
    Amber necklace had a great effect on the first day, then an absolute shocker yesterday and today, so far, so good!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OK everyone...tell me about the "amber necklace"? My cousin's daughter (12 months) has one, and I assumed it was just a fashion thing...clearly I am wrong. So...educate me (please)!
    J

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow, definitely too early to drop to one nap IMO. Usually bubs drop to one nap between 12-18 months, or older in some cases. But of course they are all different. Sounds like he really needs the sleep but it may be better for him to have a shorter morning nap and then go down earlier and for longer in the afternoon. That way it won't interfere with bedtime. And because it's the morning nap that ends up being dropped eventually, with the afternoon one getting a bit earlier then to lunchtime. How do you feel about gradually reducing his morning nap to get him down earlier in the afternoon?

J, amber necklaces are supposed to relieve teething symptoms. I haven't used them but lots do. I know they won't be your cup of tea!

Well, we haven't moved yet because I became really unwell on Friday night, feverish and vomiting. So didn't get much sleep and couldn't get out of bed yesterday, I was too weak. Better today but still lacking energy and can't really eat. It's odd as I felt fluey for a couple of days before my stomach was affected. So not sure what I caught. We are moving tomorrow instead when I will hopefully have enough strength to look after the kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bond, are you pregnant???

J, I agree with Bond, I don't think amber necklaces will be your thing. Apparently the amber releases succinic acid in response to the warmth of the child's skin. This has an analgesic substance, that absorbed into the skin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bond I hope the move goes well tomorrow. No good that you were so sick.

J River uses an Amber necklace but no idea if it helps. hers is amber and amethyst so is also very pretty haha.

As for day sleeps River will sometimes have a morning sleep and short afternoon nap or she will have a long midday nap, it really depends on what time she goes down if it's a 1 or 2 nap day.

River is doing really well but I worry how she will react to the baby. I think it's a boy but who knows.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Bond, are you pregnant???.
    Nooooooo. Lol. Definitely a virus!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, Bond...I was thinking the same thing!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Lil Smurfy  (18-08-2014)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bond, I don't really believe in waking babies from sleeps. I can't bring myself to do it.

I'm just going to follow his cues with naps. I expect we will just have some days with one and some with two and eventually end up with one.

J, Toby wears an amber necklace but nfi if it helps. I think it's cute, that's all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, the amber necklaces are very cute, I'll agree with that.

But given the melting point of succinic acid is 184°C, and there is no evidence to support any analgesic activity, I personally doubt the necklace helps with teething pain...BUT
    ...the reason I love you girls is that we can respectfully disagree on such things

And I DO love you all

Last edited by J37; 17-08-2014 at 19:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for day sleeps, Lucy merged her naps at about 10 months. She goes down at about midday, and sleeps until 3.30-4pm. She just did this of her own accord.

Sometimes she will be ratty at about 10.30am, and I put her down. In this situation, she will wake at about 1.30pm because she is hungry (I assume). But invariably she will become feral by about 4pm, so I put her down again for an hour, then get her to bed by 7pm.

Oscar has kindy on Tuesday and Thursday 2.30-4.30pm, so I try the 2 naps approach...not always successfully!!

But yes...it is hard.