Closed Thread
Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow Toni, 31 weeks now! That's going to fly by. But hope you're not too uncomfortable!

J, such a cute picture of Lucy. Has her hair grown all of a sudden? Looks longer in that photo.

RR, I love Toby's grin. So cute!

Meadow had a cold earlier this week and soon as that cleared up bad diarrhoea started! Four times so far, really gross and immediately leaks out of her nappy everywhere. The car seat copped it. She also pooed in her sleep last night, the sound of it woke me up!!! All over her cot, yuck. She's otherwise well so not sure of the cause but giving her plain foods and no dairy to allow her gut to settle. Plus loads of water. Motherhood is so glamorous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bond, I hope Meadow is better soon.

Motherhood sure is glamourous. Sienna did a giant poo when we were out shopping the other day. It went down both legs, then she stuck both feet in it, then grabbed her foot so she had it on her hand as well. Gross. Bad enough dealing with that at home, not fun at the shops.

Waking to the noise of her going is not fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Does anyone else's baby cough heaps at night. Sienna is fine during the day, but coughs all night and first thing in the morning. She's been doing this for about 6-8 weeks on and off. We've taken her to the dr a couple of times and they say she's fine. Any ideas what I can do to help? Dr suggested lifting one end of the cot, but she does laps of the cot at night, so I don't think that would help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can't believe bub no#2 is almost here Toni! For me, this pregnancy has flown by!

RR - Toby looks like such a cheeky little monkey and can't believe you guys are going to start TTC again!!!!! To be honest, I was thinking that maybe we would start again at the end of the year, but Chelsea has put a halt to that over the past few days.

Bond - sorry about being stuffed around and hope all is resolved soon.

MCB - I am stalking you!! Hope to see some wedding shots soon! Hope it was a lovely day!!

LS - Teething............................ ugh....... I just don't want to talk about it. I seriously think we should be allowed to take them somewhere, drop them off and get them once teething is over!

J - hope all is well!

AFM - Chelsea has regressed back to being the devil woman. Some days I am just done - she is just so intense and full on. She is teething at the moment, so she is up & down, grumpy and whingy, screams throughout the night, back to waking a few times a night and not eating at all I really hate teething - it is bringing the worst in me back again. Each night I don't know whether I should apply the principles that sleep school gave me or to just feed her knowing that she is teething. Poor little mite!

I am planning Chelsea's first birthday I can not believe she will be 1 in 2 weeks. Gone way to fast!!!!

Motherhood is just so glamorous! I really don't want to deal with diarrhoea!!!

LS - Sienna's cough doesn't sound to good :/ Hope you figure it out soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil Smurfy, have you tried a humidifier/vaporiser in her room? They can help heaps with coughs. Coughs are always worse when lying down but if it's been going on this long and only at night I'd be pushing to get a Paed referral as something is obviously causing it. Maybe it's an allergy to something? Or Asthma can be like a cough I think and is worse at night when the temp drops (so I was told when Toby had suspected asthma at 12 months old). I'm sure our J can help!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Miss X, sorry you're having a hard time. I can empathise as Meadow wakes 4 times a night and is very clingy to me, way worse when teething!!! Are you keeping her dosed up with panadol or equivalent? Can she suck homemade ice blocks or frozen fruit to help her gums?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, now onto me. I'm meant to be baking Meadow's birthday cake for tomorrow but I'm laying on the lounge feeling 'fluey'. Aching, lethargic, nauseous, sore throat and ears. It must be a virus. I've just taken paracetamol and ibuprofen together so hope it helps! I really want to be well for her birthday!!!
    Then we're moving into the new house on Saturday so not a good time to get sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy birthday for Meadow for tomorrow. I hope you feel better for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no Bond!! I really hope you feel better soon!
    Yep I am dosing her up on everything, giving her teething tablets, celery and carrot sticks, trying the amber necklaces - everything!! Feel like a **** mother tonight - I smacked her on her bare bottom just a day of constant crying and screaming, then she wouldn't lay down as I was trying to get her nappy on - she kicked me and I just gave her a smack I immediately hated myself and so disappointed I let myself stoop so low.......... Although, she did lay still while I continued to dress her!

What have you bought Meadow for her birthday? I have no idea what to buy Chelsea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Does anyone else's baby cough heaps at night. Sienna is fine during the day, but coughs all night and first thing in the morning. She's been doing this for about 6-8 weeks on and off. We've taken her to the dr a couple of times and they say she's fine. Any ideas what I can do to help? Dr suggested lifting one end of the cot, but she does laps of the cot at night, so I don't think that would help
    LS, I think a referral to a Paediatrician is a sensible idea. At night the air becomes colder, and can trigger bronchospasm (this is contraction of the smooth muscle in the small airways of the lung, which manifests as coughing). This can represent asthma in some people, as Bond correctly pointed out. If it has been going on for 8 weeks, then it is not normal, and should be investigated. It could be a low-grade viral infection triggering the coughing at night, or could be the first sign of asthma.

Traditionally, asthma is not diagnosed until after 2 years old, because some babies can have signs and symptoms similar to asthma, however do not go on to have asthma as they grow up. However, a Paediatrician can assess Sienna and offer treatment options for now, and monitor her if the coughing continues.

As Bond also said, a humidifier or heater in her room at night may help relieve her symptoms. Definitely worth a shot; something to warm the night air.

Bond...hope you feel better soon, poor luv! Good idea to continue paracetamol and ibuprofen regularly, and lots of fluid. Happy 1st Birthday to Meadow for tomorrow, and please post a photo!

Back later! J xx.
    Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app