+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    21 day bloods this morning. Fingers crossed. Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @stolz

Trying to patiently wait for AF to start so I can start taking them. Have all the symptoms but no AF!! Grr!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @stolz !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. Not a good morning at all. My fiancés aunty was on in pathology this morning who is a massively nosey person. We hardly talk to her (fiancé doesn't really like her) but seeing as she was the only one on, I had to have her do the test. Now freaking out about her telling his side of the family what is going on. No one knows as we've kept our fertility troubles to ourselves for now. She questioned me about the tests and I just lost it when I left. Tears galore walking into work is not the best look. And to top it off she's absolutely butchered my arm and it's so sore I can't even straighten it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Stolz sorry to jump in, but I just saw your post come up in the unread/latest feed. If she does tell your family, you can complain to the pathology group she works for. I would expect she would have to abide by the same principals of patient confidentiality of anyone else working in the health system. Just because she might know what you're having a blood test for doesn't give her the right to tell anyone else about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely @stolz

I work in that field as well and she 'legally' can not repeat anything. I know it doesn't change the fact that she was there this time and will stick her beak in though. If she is a phlebotomist (she collects blood only) she can't find out anything else. If she is a scientist or someone in the actual lab then she does have access to results and I would call and maybe have previous results archived.

I'm a scientist for a path company in Adelaide and it's so much easier to get my tests done at work so I'm not running around but I have them under an alias so nosey parkers at work are none the wiser.

Could you go through another lab service next time? Your doctor will still get the results.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies. The tests are actually through a different lab as my dr is 2hrs away and uses a different company, but I like the ladies there, very gentle and they know me well so I like to go there. I have a phobia of needles due to one being broken off in my bottom as a 7yr old. I've come a long way and can actually take myself for a test now but still have to lie down to have it done. I used to have to have someone take me there and drive me home. I'm pretty proud of myself from that perspective. Might seem silly to some, but things that happen to you as a kid tend to stick with you.
    From now on I think I'll brave it up and go back to the other company the referral is actually for(at the hospital)
    I'm still quite distraught about it all, to the point of considering filing a complaint. It's the second time she has questioned me. I had some lupus tests run about 2 months ago and she said to me 'oh you have so many problems you poor thing'. I just looked at her blankly and she said 'oh you know how it is. No secrets with family'. Those tests the family also has no idea about either so that line is false..... Hence why I was quite apprehensive about her taking this one.

I think she just takes blood but still she knows what the tests are.

My arm is still very sore, a lump and going a nice shade of purple and blue up my arm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A bit of a weird question, but here goes- Does anyone know a good way to get the tablets out of the blister pack? Those things are really stuck in there- I end up scrabbling around pulling off the seal in little thin
    strips, or cutting with scissors. Is there an easier way that I haven't thought of?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jk565 I have the same problem! It's a mission & a half to get those little buggers out! I use a knife in the end & kinda lift the top of it up.

Blood results: apparently I O'd but not sure if good bad whatever as my FS is away & another dr read them. Fingers crossed