+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Goblin Queen thank you so much - you *are* the babe with the power!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (28-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You don't have to just take that from them , what a lame excuse they gave you, I would see a solicitor and get some advice. You may be able to take them to court to make sure you get all the moneys that is owing to you so they can't cheat you. Let me guess were you working for McDonalds ??
    Also you can go to ( fair work ) and they can help you too. And also you can go to an ombudsman they can help you. Were you in the union , if so you may be able to contact them too. It is so unfair of them to just spring this on you from out of no where, if you had reached a certain age they can find all sorts of excuses to get rid of a person
    too. You can also go to certain Government Departments for help if the worst comes to the worst. The Latter depends on your work place. They can't get away with this. Mate Get some back up from c/ link but keep fighting for your job. They can't just tell you your job no longer exists that is not fair at all to you, I would Definately get some advice from a solisitor first And ask the solisitor about Fair Work they should be able to set you on the right track. Make sure they do not keep the money they owe you don't let them make you wait for it. Get right on to that, because along with your normal pay they owe you severance or redundancy pay to cover you for several weeks until you gain new employment, don't let them hold that back on you. Google this info and see what else they can also come up with. You have to stand up to them. They are in the wrong and should not have done this to you. I feel so sorry to hear that you have been treated badly like this. Here is another idea too go to centre link and ask to see a social worker and tell her everything I know they would know exactly how to handle this. Look in to everything you can on line about it and write down everything that was said to you in the work place about your job. It sounds like you have a good case on your hands

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SunSetSkies2 For This Useful Post:

aquarius  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SunSetSkies2 View Post
    You don't have to just take that from them , what a lame excuse they gave you, I would see a solicitor and get some advice. You may be able to take them to court to make sure you get all the moneys that is owing to you so they can't cheat you. Let me guess were you working for McDonalds ??
    Also you can go to ( fair work ) and they can help you too. And also you can go to an ombudsman they can help you. Were you in the union , if so you may be able to contact them too. It is so unfair of them to just spring this on you from out of no where, if you had reached a certain age they can find all sorts of excuses to get rid of a person
    too. You can also go to certain Government Departments for help if the worst comes to the worst. The Latter depends on your work place. They can't get away with this. Mate Get some back up from c/ link but keep fighting for your job. They can't just tell you your job no longer exists that is not fair at all to you, I would Definately get some advice from a solisitor first And ask the solisitor about Fair Work they should be able to set you on the right track. Make sure they do not keep the money they owe you don't let them make you wait for it. Get right on to that, because along with your normal pay they owe you severance or redundancy pay to cover you for several weeks until you gain new employment, don't let them hold that back on you. Google this info and see what else they can also come up with. You have to stand up to them. They are in the wrong and should not have done this to you. I feel so sorry to hear that you have been treated badly like this. Here is another idea too go to centre link and ask to see a social worker and tell her everything I know they would know exactly how to handle this. Look in to everything you can on line about it and write down everything that was said to you in the work place about your job. It sounds like you have a good case on your hands
    If the op loses her job because of the position being made redundant (no longer a position) the employer is doing nothing wrong, it's purely unlucky for the op. If however the employer is made redundant and was told the position was made redundant but then finds that it hasn't been and there is someone else doing that exact position then she could seek legal advice. Unfortunately many people are being made redundant due to cost cutting and positions being reviewed and made redundant or combined with another position therefore making a new position. The employer is not doing anything wrong in this circumstance!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

aquarius  (02-08-2014),SunSetSkies2  (28-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for letting me know how the other side of things work. : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    This has happened to me twice. First time I was in my very early twenties and had not long moved out of home and taken on my first car loan. I was extremely stressed as the company I worked for went into Administration so it was unlikely I was ever going to get a payout of any type. Luckily I was able to find a new job quickly.

Second time was more recently. I was a "Temporary Contractor" for a State Government Department when the LNP came into power and decided to get rid of us all. I was pregnant with DS4 at the time and the stress was unbelievable. Because I had been working in that position for a while and had my contract renewed consistently I was entitled to a redundancy. I managed to hang on to this Job until DS4 was 1 year old (September last year, I returned to work when DS4 was 5 months old) so decided to stay home with the kids for a bit.

Now I am looking for work again but after my last experience in my so called "safe" Government job, I am well aware that the rug could be pulled out from under me at any time. We now structure our budget to make sure the things we MUST pay are still payable if the only income coming into the house is Centrelink (if the worst should happen and both DH and I are unemployed). It means keeping debts low and not entering in to contracts for phones, foxtel etc.

Unfortunately it seems to be becoming more common to see people being made redundant

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Beljane For This Useful Post:

aquarius  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone for your advice, it's very helpful and means a lot. i have a meeting with my boss on monday to discuss, it's not clear if i'm going to be made redundant or if i'm just going to be shifted to another work area but i will find out at the meeting on monday. thanks everyone xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all, just wanted to come back and let you know i found out this week that i have not been made redundant (phew) but a quarter of our staff were. i've been moved to another work area with some uncertainty about who my new boss and team members will be, but at least i have a job.

i'm now trying to offer some support my coworkers who did lose their jobs, i really feel for them and the atmosphere in the office is terrible... but we will get through this.

my thoughts to all of you who have gone through this and i wish you the best of luck. thanks again for all the advice.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aquarius For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (08-08-2014),Wise Enough  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for the update. It's very common right now to be made redundant. It's scary how much is going on