Thanks guys. I may have to take an evening off feeding and give him a bottle of formula. I thought my nipple was getting better but now I think it's getting worse. Expressing hurts too, and I get very little. He does get a bottle of formula each night anyway as he wasn't gaining weight.
I don't want to stop, I have never had a good experience bfing and this has been so much better than it was with my last two. I think my nipple needs a break, but I am terrified of losing my supply and terrified of him refusing me for the bottle which is what ended up happening with DS1. I feel a bit damned if I do damned if I don't. I just hope that taking a day off feeding doesn't make this decision for me!