+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    Wow I love snow but have never seen it before. How can you best describe it? The cold before it snowing and during? The way it falls? How it feels when you walk on it? The smell? What's the temp on average when it snows? Anything else you think is interesting :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Best way to describe it falling is peaceful. It usually gets really still and seems to warm up a bit before it starts. Yesterday's fall felt like soft powder, that's the best stuff I reckon. It's soft and crunches slightly when you walk on it. Everything seems to smell fresh and clean somehow. We got to a top of 2 degrees yesterday! I'll add a photo that's looking out my parent's window - they get more snow out there than we do here in town. Love it so much!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1405774501.730307.jpg

Me + DH = DS1 (6), DS2 (2) and #3 due September 8th

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (20-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There's snow on the mountains about 2 hours from us. I will not be going. I struggle to stay warm as it is...and our top temps average 16 degrees. I could not live somewhere that got cold enough to snow. I'd never leave the house. I am counting down for summer. I hate winter, and this year especially sucks because it's colder than the last few winters. Six weeks until I can start to thaw out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Taking advantage after 8 years in the west and hitting the snow later in the week! I missed real winters!!
    15 years in WA and we moved from Canberra. So was pretty used to below 0 temps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Were off to Queenstown in 2 weeks just hope it snows a bit more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    Best way to describe it falling is peaceful. It usually gets really still and seems to warm up a bit before it starts. Yesterday's fall felt like soft powder, that's the best stuff I reckon. It's soft and crunches slightly when you walk on it. Everything seems to smell fresh and clean somehow. We got to a top of 2 degrees yesterday! I'll add a photo that's looking out my parent's window - they get more snow out there than we do here in town. Love it so much!

Attachment 58020

Me + DH = DS1 (6), DS2 (2) and #3 due September 8th
    Sounds wonderful and just like I imagine. I'm hoping to take a snow holiday next winter with dd 😊 I can't wait so excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (20-07-2014)