+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kitchen Resurfacing??

Has anyone had their kitchen resurfaced? Were you happy with the finish? Aprox costs?

We put in a second hand laminate kitchen about 4 years ago, as the original was shocking. It is still in great condition, but it is a kind of light greyish-greenish colour - not too bad but I would like to freshen it up to white cupboards and a darker stone look benchtop, as the rest of the house has been renovated and the kitchen looks a bit dated now. So curious to hear others experiences in resurfacing. TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing- very interested in doing this also

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing, we had the granite benchtop guys booked in but we were Ill so had to cancel, I've been told to put in stone be too layer it's roughly $500 pm

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my wooden kitchen cupboards and panels resurfaced in a white gloss and it made a massive difference. Looks great. I believe it was around $2000. Has held up great. Did not have out counter done as we had a quality wood benchtop so got it sanded back and reoiled. Definitely if your cupboards are in good condition and you like the kitchen layout I would go for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We looked into this and got a few different opinions/quotes. Interestingly, it was a fairly similar price to replace the doors with new ones in the white that we wanted as it was to resurface.

We were just doing up the kitchen to sell so we chose to resurface as it was quicker (as in they could do it that week whilst it was 4-6 weeks for the new doors)- looked great but I'm not sure how long it would last? Although that is probably dependant on who's doing the resurfacing and the products used.

It is amazing how much difference a change of colour can make though - it added so much value to our home (IMO).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies! We are looking at more than likely selling soon, which is also why I wanted a 'cheap and cheerful' facelift. 2K to do the cupboards sound like a really good price! The benchtop is L shaped 2.3m x 2.2m, but once you take out the 900mm cooktop and big double sink there is about 2m of bench left - so if overlay is $500 p/m would be another 2k.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are actually resurfacing our laminate bench top as we speak. It was an awful maroon colour. Got a $160 countertop kit from Bunnings. Can't wait to see the final result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were going to resurface our old laminate kitchen using a stone resurface company! They wanted like 4 grand for such a small area and they also said we would need to have new cupboards underneath as the old ones wouldn't hold the weight of the stone.

New laminate overlay we had quoted at 2 grand! Unbelievable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loz09 View Post
    We are actually resurfacing our laminate bench top as we speak. It was an awful maroon colour. Got a $160 countertop kit from Bunnings. Can't wait to see the final result.
    Was it the Rustoleum kit?

We are looking at doing something like this soon as well so I am very interested to hear replies.

I don't hate the kitchen cupboards colour, but the laminate is awful so I think it would look a lot better with just that done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's another kit they sell in masters. Not sure what it is called but it is a lot of work and preparation!