+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ccb and ccr so confused

I currently pay full fees for my dd to be in care, my centrelink page says you are entitled to 24 hours care per week, then says I get 0%. Does this mean I will get it back at tax time? I know people on a similar income to us who get it so I'm wondering if when I set it up the lady put for it to be paid annually? I just don't get it

Thanks
    Reviews
    The CCB is means tested, I receive 0% but if you satisfy the work conditions you should still receive the CCR of 50%
    which you can choose to get paid to you after paying full fees to childcare centre or directly to centre so you pay less straight away :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The fact that you are getting 24 hours and not 50 hours a week indicates to me that you do not meet the activity requirements. (Please correct me if I am wrong and you are working/ studying)

If this is the case, you are not eligible for child care rebate. (50% of out of pocket costs)

0% CCB means that your household income is over the threshold and you will not receive CCB.
    Last edited by Ra Ra Superstar; 19-07-2014 at 06:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...ing-study-test

Do you work train or study at all? If so you are eligible for the CCR.

The 24 hours means you dont work/train/study for more than 15 hours per fortnight but if you do work just below that amount you will get CCR.

If you dont meet the work/training/study test, you wont get any CCR.
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Ra Ra Superstar  (19-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still don't get it LOL i actually pay the full fees for the 15 hours she's there it's daycare/kinder, i don't get any reduced or free 24 hours. I'm thinking maybe my friend that says she gets money back doesn't earn the same as us as she said maybe. I work only 1 shift per week at night so 4-5 hours. Reason I'm asking all about this is I was thinking of getting a day job instead 1-2 days per week but if i'm not entitled to any money back and have to send my youngest to childcare while i'm at work i'll basically be going to work to pay for her to be in care, so i'm better of just working nights?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you work 30 hrs per fortnight you will get 50% off your daycare fees. If your income is lower than the threshold you will also receive the CCB. I don't get CCB but do get the 50% off so end up paying about $40 per day for daycare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    agghhh so difficult to get the right balance when the kids are little, not overly excited about doing 30 hours a fortnight as i don't want youngest in childcare that much, looks like i'll keep slogging out the nights to make it worth it money wise only a couple more years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You don't have to work 30hrs per fortnight to get ccr just met the criteria of work/study. The 30 hr thing is for ccb to get more than the 24hrs if your income is not over the threshold for ccb. Sound like yours is.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (19-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah i guess it is i don't know what it is but sounds like we are over, it's hard yes dp has a good income but in order to get that we had to move and get a higher mortgate, we can cope without me working but only just, would like to make a little bit to make things more comfortable but will just hang in there with what i'm doing i guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The 24hrs is not that you get it at a reduced rate or free. All it means that as a non working or studying mum you are only entitled to have your child in daycar 24hrs a week so you don't take away to many hrs from working families. When you get a job that will change. No matter how much you earn if you work or study more then 15hrs a week you will get 50 percent of your child are costs back up to 7500 a year. Hope that helps some what.