+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cows milk not agreeing with 13 month old

Hi everyone, just after a bit of advice. My DD is 13 months old and I would like to switch her to cows milk but she doesn't seem to be able to tolerate it? She was BF until 12 months and I introduced a little bit of formula at around 8 months (took me ages to get her to drink from a sippy cup/bottle but that's a whole other topic)! She has yoghurt, cheese and cows milk in her cereal and seems to tolerate that ok but if I give it to her as a drink she spits/vomits it up? She has never been a spitty baby. I've tried just mixing a small amount of cows milk with formula but she still spits up after....the formula she has is bellamys organic stage 2 but I would prefer not to buy formula anymore...do you think it's worth trying A2 milk or a lactose free milk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd has goats milk because of a sensitivity to cows milk. But it might be worth giving a2 a go if the standard one causes problems.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to my2monkeys For This Useful Post:

Cant wait to be a mummy  (18-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would try a2 if that is no good try getting a raw milk like maleny dairies? I'm not sure where you are located but many fruit and vege shops in Qld sell it. It's as raw as possible and meant to be easier to digest.

Here is some info
    http://m.malenydairies.com/site/Male...oducts%2F#2496

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Cant wait to be a mummy  (18-07-2014),Hayleyreid  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Raw milk is a health risk. I would not recommend that at all to anyone! As per a pp said try A2 milk. To be honest, after 12 months they don't need milk anyways. You could also try lactose free, soy or almond milk.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

Cant wait to be a mummy  (18-07-2014),FearlessLeader  (18-07-2014),Gothel  (20-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I first introduced cows milk to DS1 at around the 12/ 13month mark he got really red dry cheeks, so we switched to A2, and he was fine, so perhaps give a A2 a go (with DS2 he could eat yogurt, nomal milk in cereal etc it just seemed if he had too much he got a bit of a reaction). When he was around 2 I tried him again on normal milk and he was ok, so we switched back to normal milk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    When I first introduced cows milk to DS1 at around the 12/ 13month mark he got really red dry cheeks, so we switched to A2, and he was fine, so perhaps give a A2 a go (with DS2 he could eat yogurt, nomal milk in cereal etc it just seemed if he had too much he got a bit of a reaction). When he was around 2 I tried him again on normal milk and he was ok, so we switched back to normal milk
    Ooh she has really red dry cheeks, I thought it was just from the cold weather! Thanks everyone I think I'll give the A2 milk a go... It's expensive but I don't want to upset her tummy or digestive system...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    Raw milk is a health risk. I would not recommend that at all to anyone! As per a pp said try A2 milk. To be honest, after 12 months they don't need milk anyways. You could also try lactose free, soy or almond milk.
    That one isn't actually raw it's as close as it gets meaning less processing. If you have a look at the link you will see it's still pasteurized and perfectly legal to sell and fine to consume.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant wait to be a mummy View Post
    Ooh she has really red dry cheeks, I thought it was just from the cold weather! Thanks everyone I think I'll give the A2 milk a go... It's expensive but I don't want to upset her tummy or digestive system...
    Yeah it is quite expensive - before we switched DS1 was probably drinking too much cows milk (was still bf aswell, but loved cows milk), so when we switched I also cut him down so a 2l bottle would last a week. You might find as she gets older you can try her on normal milk again.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

Cant wait to be a mummy  (20-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    That one isn't actually raw it's as close as it gets meaning less processing. If you have a look at the link you will see it's still pasteurized and perfectly legal to sell and fine to consume.
    Ahh ok ( I didn't read the link TBH) you had me worried for a moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dry red cheeks was an indicator of cmpi. We use oat milk with added calcium and vitamin d. No problems.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Cant wait to be a mummy  (20-07-2014)