+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I'm a member of the Aussie support page on FB and it's fantastic.

I haven't had it done but desperately want it. I have PHI and am covered but it's coming up with the $6000 out of pocket that's stopping me. I'm seriously considering applying for some of my super.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    What problems is she having? Has she lost any weight from it?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'm Lily's other sister . I'm over weight too but would rather be fat than risk going through that. Because she could eat so little she would also have hypo glycemic attacks when her blood sugar dropped too low.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilly&Whitemage...your poor sister!! That's horrible for your poor sis...30kg is way too much to lose on 3 months! I can see why you would rather not do it.

MerryR I was going to look into it. But apart from having to be on an income support payment for 6 months continuous. I heard that it actually gets taxed too. Don't know also if it gets counted as income earned. I've got Phil because I want to get this done too but I'm not 100% convinced. Have my first appt with surgeon in 3 weeks.

I had the band done twice cause it slipped after 5 years. I put all my weight back on plus 12kgs more.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for all your replies guys. My first payment for phi just came out but I'm thinking of cancelling it, I've been focusing on my eating and getting 10,000 steps in a day and have lost 8kg so far, I don't have designs on being super skinny I would be happy with around 85kg (I am incredibly short so this is probably still considered obese for me) but it's where I have been happy before, could buy clothes, was running and gyming without trouble. I'm not sure what to do :/

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (29-11-2014),HearMeRoar  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    Thanks for all your replies guys. My first payment for phi just came out but I'm thinking of cancelling it, I've been focusing on my eating and getting 10,000 steps in a day and have lost 8kg so far, I don't have designs on being super skinny I would be happy with around 85kg (I am incredibly short so this is probably still considered obese for me) but it's where I have been happy before, could buy clothes, was running and gyming without trouble. I'm not sure what to do :/
    Good on you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    Keep doing what you are doing. It can't be un done, it's permanent, so what you are doing is a much better idea.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you pipers mum! I'd you can avoid surgery then do it. Maybe a re how you go for a few months and if your close to your goal then cancel it? That way you won't have to start waiting period again.

I never had a good relationship with food after band. Probably why I slowly put all my weight back on. Can't seem to shift weight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    Good on you pipers mum! I'd you can avoid surgery then do it. Maybe a re how you go for a few months and if your close to your goal then cancel it? That way you won't have to start waiting period again.

I never had a good relationship with food after band. Probably why I slowly put all my weight back on. Can't seem to shift weight

I agree with this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been seeing my dr about it, he has banned me from weighing myself and does it for me fortnightly, he wants me to go sloooooowwwwwww and change things slowly, I'm increasing my exercise And still able to enjoy myself without going mad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my referral for my WLS very excited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast