+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Nope i went straight to sleeve. Id seen the band do some god awful things to some friends and then the utter devastation of regaining. Also my surgeon had an information seminar, his
    Patients got up and spoke about it all. I walked out of it knowing in my heart that the sleeve was right for me.

I was really terrified, the morning of my surgery dh and i held each other in the car and cried we were that scared but at 130kilos with a very strong genetic predisposition to heart disease i took the risk and i honestly have had no problem.

Research your surgeons, dont pick one just cause they are cheaper, find out how long they have been doing them, make sure that 12 months aftercare is included in the operation fee. Make sure they let you see a dietician afterwards. Etc

Attachment 57983

This is my before and after. 130kg to 70kgs It took 12 months, and going to the gym 4 days a week as well as seeing a personal trainer. I worked really really hard, rarely faltered with my food. Its a tool, but its not magic. You still hafto have discipline and make the right choices. Having the sleeve makes it easier to do those things.

It changed my life.
    Congratulations ZE! You put in the hard work and definitely got the result. It might be inappropriate to ask but was your weight and possibility of heart disease the only reasons you had the surgery? The person I know has diabetes also and I'm worried that it might make the surgery riskier.

Thank you for sharing your story!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    Congratulations ZE! You put in the hard work and definitely got the result. It might be inappropriate to ask but was your weight and possibility of heart disease the only reasons you had the surgery? The person I know has diabetes also and I'm worried that it might make the surgery riskier.

Thank you for sharing your story!
    Thank you xox

Well a big reason was because i was desperately unhappy with my appearance, always dreamt of just blending in with the crowd not being pointed at or made fun of, I remember once carrying my lunch and dh lunch in the same food tray to a table in a food court while dh took ds to the toilet, a couple next to me laughed and talked about how much i was about to eat saying both plates were for me. i never cried so much in my life. Also a car full of men driving past, slowed down and started screaming that i was fat b.a.stard from austin powers. It just devastated me, destroyed my self worth. I needed to change, my son started showing signs of being conscious about how i was very different to the other mums at school, which hurt a lot. And i was sick of being treated like scum by the general
    Community.

What kind of diabetes? The needle kind or controlled by diet? Heaps of people who get sleeved that have the food controlled diabetes end up not having it anymore, but the surgeon/ health team would definitely assess the case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Thank you xox

Well a big reason was because i was desperately unhappy with my appearance, always dreamt of just blending in with the crowd not being pointed at or made fun of, I remember once carrying my lunch and dh lunch in the same food tray to a table in a food court while dh took ds to the toilet, a couple next to me laughed and talked about how much i was about to eat saying both plates were for me. i never cried so much in my life. Also a car full of men driving past, slowed down and started screaming that i was fat b.a.stard from austin powers. It just devastated me, destroyed my self worth. I needed to change, my son started showing signs of being conscious about how i was very different to the other mums at school, which hurt a lot. And i was sick of being treated like scum by the general
    Community.

What kind of diabetes? The needle kind or controlled by diet? Heaps of people who get sleeved that have the food controlled diabetes end up not having it anymore, but the surgeon/ health team would definitely assess the case.
    Oh my god! I can't believe that happened to you with those people! That there breaks my heart. I too just want to blend in, I am so self conscious and my confidence is at an all time low, to the point I can't even face the thought of doing a lot of things on my own, I need someone with me at most times if I'm out and about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Pipersmummy *hugs* its so hard, i know exactly how you are feeling. You're not alone. Try get onto a phi asap, the year waiting period is killer.

You can also start making appts with surgeon etc prolly when you have 3 months left of your waiting period, get the ball rolling etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've signed up yesterday I've got an appointment with my normal dr on Wednesday to talk about my sore wrists so I'm going to him about what I should do etc while I am there, yeah the waiting period is why I haven't done it sooner, I'm not sure what kind of miracle I was hoping for in the meantime but I finally decided I may as well wait the twelve months and then do something that will give me a much better chance rather than wake up in twelve months still fat with no option haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Exactly. Congrats

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

PipersMummy  (19-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    ZE I'm so sorry to hear that. What those people did was absolutely inexcusable. Sometimes I forget we live in such a judgemental, nasty society that is capable of saying and doing these things. Since when is it a favourite past-time of ours teasing and belittling people we know nothing about?

Hopefully this is the change in your life that you need to get your confidence back PipersMummy. Keep us updated.

He has the diet controlled diabetes but controls it so poorly that he has to use insulin... Which is I guess the reason why this surgery is so important. I am praying that everything goes well and in a years time he's a different man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ZE I'm so sorry to hear that. What those people did was absolutely inexcusable. Sometimes I forget we live in such a judgemental, nasty society that is capable of saying and doing these things. Since when is it a favourite past-time of ours teasing and belittling people we know nothing about?

Hopefully this is the change in your life that you need to get your confidence back PipersMummy. Keep us updated.

He has the diet controlled diabetes but controls it so poorly that he has to use insulin... Which is I guess the reason why this surgery is so important. I am praying that everything goes well and in a years time he's a different man.
    Thank you!

I hope it all goes smoothly for you guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    Thank you!

I hope it all goes smoothly for you guys
    He gets it done 2 weeks into August. I'll keep you updated while you wait for yours if you like?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

PipersMummy  (19-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He gets it done 2 weeks into August. I'll keep you updated while you wait for yours if you like?
    That would be fantastic thanks heaps