+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm currently at my local Tafe waiting to meet the student career guidance officer. Weighing it all up, I think I'd like to be a community nurse, RDNS or similar. Originally I wad looking at doing a cert in community care, but the pay isn't great and there's no real career progression. A community nurse would allow me to do that but at a more professional level.
    But I have all your suggestions written down and I'll see what they suggest. Thanks everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How did you go @Gothel?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry only saw this now @SalsaMama. It went really well, he was very helpful even though that they don't do nursing in that campus. He showed me heaps of research options and pointed me towards some foundation courses. Offered to help me through a "returning to learning" open university course.

I'm kind of set on nursing now, applications open next week and I'm not at all prepared eek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh good luck @Gothel!! I'm cheering you on! You are a clever and organised woman, you will nail it!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (28-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's brilliant! 😊

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RastaMouse For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (28-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @SalsaMama
    @OurLittleBlessing you sound much more confident than I feel but I'll accept your compliment thanks (and hope that it rubs off lol) Have you made any decisions about what you will do next year? I haven't researched nutrition courses at all, I would definitely need one that didn't teach the food pyramid as gospel lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And now I've discovered that because I haven't studied in Australia in the last 10 years, I can't apply directly to a bach. course. Enrolled nurse it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    And now I've discovered that because I haven't studied in Australia in the last 10 years, I can't apply directly to a bach. course. Enrolled nurse it is.
    If you need textbooks let me know. I have 8 from my failed attempt at nursing. Also have fact sheets on different systems, drug cards, quick reference cards you clip to your belt...lots of bits in pieces. If you are interested let me know. They are free as I definitely have no use for them what so ever.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow @HarvestMoon thank you! I'll keep that in mind for sure What nursing course were you studying? You're still studying now aren't you? You must have changed courses, didn't you like nursing? (Sorry for all the qs, I'm just curious to hear people's experiences, ignore me if you want lol)
    Last edited by Gothel; 28-07-2014 at 19:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep Gothel if you need anything give me a yell, I'm still using textbooks but if you need help with coursework or anything I'm just a PM away