+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Earlier bed time

I would like DD (15 weeks) to start going to bed a bit earlier at nights. She is child number 3 and DP and I could do with a bit of quiet time before we retire. At the moment she goes down about 9pm and sleeps until 9am. Is it as simple as waking her earlier so she is ready for bed approx 12 hours later? We've tried putting her to bed around 8pm but she wakes after one sleep cycle and it is a real struggle to resettle her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Seems like 9pm is the perfect bed time for her currently if she is waking after. Some days i wish i could put kiddo to bed earlier but i cant as it breaks his sleep cycle too. She might change as she gets older though. She is still very very young.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you got a bed time routine for her? When DS was that age, we did bath, bottle & bed and just brought it forward 10/15 minutes every couple of days until he was sleeping earlier.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    sadly I found that waking my DD up earlier certainly did not mean she went to bed earlier. Just resulted in a cranky and over tired child who then didnt settle well at all.

At 15 weeks if you are getting 12 hrs, I wouldnt be playing around with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I definitely wouldn't be playing with her bed time if she's sleeping 12 hrs straight cause sooner o r later her sleep patterns will change for do many reasons and you'll wish you didn't tamper with anything

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should clarify that she wakes twice for feeds during those 12 hours. I will have to start waking her next week when DS1 is back at school so I guess we will see what happens. I'm happy for her to start her days earlier if she is going to bed earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dd didn't either, we picked swimming classes etc specifically early so we could try and get an earlier bed but it resulted in miss grumpy bum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Id also recommend the 10/15 minutes earlier each night for 2 days at a time and also wake that same amount if time the next morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    How did you go OP?