+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS1 - spontaneous, bang on due date. 12 hour labour, epidural but it only worked on one side. Pushed for what felt like an eternity...foetal distress, vacuum extraction and 2nd degree tear.

DS2 - induced with drip at 39+4, 10 hour labour. Gas and epidural (again only worked on one side!). Pushed for only 30 mins but opened up 2nd degree tear from DS1.

Second labour was a little quicker and pushed for a much shorter amount of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    #1 - 40+6. Contractions started tues morn, born fri night after ARM and syntocinon, epidural, episiotomy and forceps.
    Notes say 75 hours, 35active, felt like 1000

#2 - 37+5 induced due to lack of movement. 2 failed tape and gel inductions, ARM then syntocinon and epidural, episiotomy. 17hours active.
    I'm not very efficient at birth ha! 😜

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My 1st and 2nd were both spontaneous births at 40+3, I had my membranes ruptured with my first very early on in labour and again with my 2nd but just before I started pushing. My first labour was 8hrs and my 2nd was 16hrs, I pushed for 1.5hrs with my first and 4min with my 2nd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First induced at 42 weeks, 12 hour painful traumatic labour, slow recovery.
    Second spontaneous labour at 40+5,
    5 hours, manageable enjoyable labour, fast recovery. .

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS - induced at 38 weeks due to placenta problems. Gel inserted which started contractions immediately. Gas, pethedine and epidural for drugs. Pushed forever but baby wouldn't come around the bend. Vacuum extraction and 2nd degree tear. Around 26 hours from first contraction to birth.

DD - waters broke at 41+2 spontaneously, gas and epidural. Pushed forever but baby wouldn't come around the bend again! Vacuum extraction with episiotomy. 12 hours all up. The healing process has been much more painful this time with the episiotomy.