+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'll come back on and reply again properly soon .... But how crazy is this?? ... I've been fine and even encouraged limited contact during the day - but now I'm not supposed to .. All I want to bl00dy do is talk to him!! Silly woman :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Always the way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK update .. It really comes down to bad timing. He is still really quite raw and processing the demise of his marriage - after his ex found out about me she told his kids (who we'd deliberately kept it from). They told him they knew he had a girlfriend. He spoke to her on the phone about that at which pint she told he she was glad he'd found someone and wanted him to be happy.

She also mentioned that her boyfriend (who was behind their split) was moving in with her and their kids. He's just heartbroken, angry and beside himself that she could be so selfish. He's needed to push me away to sort out himself as he can't think beyond this recent news. My heart is breaking for him. It's not that he has an issue with the boyfriend (well actually he does) ... But that his kids are visibly struggling with the recent change in their lives and she's planning to change it even further. I don't understand people who introduce new partners so quickly. I could never do that to my boys ... They still have no idea he even exists.

It's made me realise how much I like him though. I'm actually missing him. Which is a really selfish thing for me to say considering he is hurting so badly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That doesn't make you selfish hun. You like him and its good you are realising that, thats not selfish at all. Doesn't the saying go that absence makes the heart grow fonder....? Really hope things work out for you both, his ex sounds like a real piece of work. Good luck sweets.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    OK update .. It really comes down to bad timing. He is still really quite raw and processing the demise of his marriage - after his ex found out about me she told his kids (who we'd deliberately kept it from). They told him they knew he had a girlfriend. He spoke to her on the phone about that at which pint she told he she was glad he'd found someone and wanted him to be happy.

She also mentioned that her boyfriend (who was behind their split) was moving in with her and their kids. He's just heartbroken, angry and beside himself that she could be so selfish. He's needed to push me away to sort out himself as he can't think beyond this recent news. My heart is breaking for him. It's not that he has an issue with the boyfriend (well actually he does) ... But that his kids are visibly struggling with the recent change in their lives and she's planning to change it even further. I don't understand people who introduce new partners so quickly. I could never do that to my boys ... They still have no idea he even exists.

It's made me realise how much I like him though. I'm actually missing him. Which is a really selfish thing for me to say considering he is hurting so badly.
    Its not selfish of you at all, it just shows how much you care about him!

Poor guy, and the poor kids My mum had her new boyfriend move in a few weeks after my parents split and it was really hard on us kids. Just know that you and he have done the right thing by your kids.

You both deserve happiness, I hope it all works out in time.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh whee... What a good read. But how frustrating. I hope it works out positively.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I feel for him and the kids, and you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies ... I've completely deleted his number from my phone so it's impossible for me to contact him ... I know what I'm like after I've had a few bevvies!! Haha

It's such a foreign feeling to me this thing ... I love having you guys to coach me through it. He's not been far from my mind at all today. Wish I could switch it off a bit. I'm sure it'll fade over time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think his ex is a bad person ... I think she just wants what she wants and isn't considering anyone's feeling but her own. It sounds like she is a good mother - but is just being a little irrational to justify her decisions... Which I understand. My ex did the same. He wasn't a bad person, didn't want to hurt me- just wanted his own happiness regardless of others standing in the way of it. It selfish, but they are still good people. It's almost like they are stuck in a cloud of self importance.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (30-08-2014),littlelove  (30-08-2014),MayoBean  (30-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So sorry hun, it's hard to put yourself out there and be hurt. It's the timing, I know you know that, having been through it yourself, it does not make the situation any less painful though

For what it is worth I can't understand people that immediately introduce children either.