+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    After m/c I started smoking again

Trying to quit again... Sooo hard what are your best tips?

Jude 31 and Wayne 37
    Angel baby 6-9-14

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm going to be trying cold turkey. Again. Starting my weight loss journey this week so it seems stupid to be buckling down with that and continuing to smoke.
    Hopefully DP stops cold turkey with me and we can get it done, previous times I've tried cold turkey and he hasn't stopped smoking so it made it harder and I gave in and started again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd love love to join. I started smoking again when I was having feeding and sleeping issues with my ds. Really wish I could quit. Looking for hints and tips and support too

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Jude. I gave up a week after I found out I was pg. My secret was the Nicorette inhaler with the cartridges. You can buy them at the supermarket or chemists. The day after I found out I got the inhaler, then 4-5 days later turfed that too. Try to wean yourself down from that too so when you go cold turkey it softens the blow.

You can do this girls. Since I've given up my sense of smell is so sensitive (maybe it's bc I'm pg too). I feel so much better and my family is now off my case

5. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's WAY harder than I EVER would have thought...

Jude 31 and Wayne 37
    Angel baby 6-9-14

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to pop in and say how amazing you all are, quitting smoking is super hard!

I've been ciggie free for 3yrs & I love it. I gave myself a quit date (about 2 months away) and slowly cut down in that time, by the time my quit date came I was forcing myself to have a ciggie.

Quitting smoking is one of the most rewarding things I have done for myself, I am so proud that I eventually gave it the flick & this is what stops me from picking up the habit again.

Celebrate that your trying, don't give up even if you slip up & just think of the $$ that you'll save!!

Good luck ladies, you can do it!!

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Quit Smoking Support Section

I agree! Keep it up. I don't think I'll ever be completely cig free for the rest of my life because every few years I start again for a little while so...I definitely understand how hard it is to quit!

Just keep your eyes on the prize and tomorrow is always a new day :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I stopped smoking the after I found out I was pregnant with my DD. I got the Allen Carr book, cut out heaps of quit smoking messages from quit day in the paper and after a week, I was smoke free. That was January 2005 - I still miss it and if I'm honest, I'd start again in a heartbeat if I knew it wasn't going to kill me! But you do what you've got to do.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh can I join?

I have smoked for 11 years, I'm a pretty heavy smoker and I hate that!

My problem... I love smoking. I've tried patches, champix, the gum and it's just something I enjoy. I'd love to try again, but I think I'd need a solid game plan to have a good go at it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    In going to join.
    I don't feel 'ready' yet.
    My life is pretty stressful right now and I'm dealing with depression and anxiety.
    I feel if I was to quit right now, it would push me over the edge, so to speak.
    But it's been playing on my mind for a year now that I really need to start getting more motivated into quitting.
    I'm kind of in a rut.
    So I'm joining to read others stories and try to find some inspiration and also to start getting a some ideas on how to quit when I'm ready.
    Hope it's ok for a smoker who isn't quite ready to quit yet to join?