+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you heard of
    http://www.mindsandhearts.net/
    ?? They are amazing for help and resources and programs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

YMo7 is offline 37 week ultrasound of our baby girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi tamtam, I'm near caboolture

YMo7 is offline 37 week ultrasound of our baby girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    just had a very brief look. will check it out in detail when my dh gets home. he has had most of the tests/assessments on their list already so maybe they could help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Ah...In QLD I see they are called 'positive learning cemtres'

I don't know Queensland well so not sure where exactly you are but this may help: http://education.qld.gov.au/students...locations.html

I'm a teacher myself and feel very strongly that ALL children have a right to access education, so I am assuming you would prefer your son to be able to adapt to main****** schooling at some point. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I'm so sorry you are faced with this circumstance. I've had similar issues with my DS, not quite to the extent of what you are going through though. He is in year 1 and this year has been an absolute nightmare. There has been no support whatever, I was told I needed a dual diagnosis, we got that and now apparently that may not even be enough, he still may not even qualify for an aid. Most likely he won't be considered for a support unit because like your DS, has no issues with his cognitive ability. Yet because there is no support, DS continues to fall further and further behind academically.

Have department of education been any help at all? I got them involved because of all the sh! T we had going on. The principal backed off, stopped with the suspensions and constantly excluding DS from school for a while at least.
    It's a bullsh! T circumstance. By law we are required to send our kids to school yet there are no schools that can accommodate them. It's near impossible to hold down a job, fulfill study commitments, etc.

I have no idea what the solution is. Some autism specific schools don't have restrictions on cognitive ability so might be worth a look if you have any in your area. I'm going to suss out the local one and hope that it actually gets us somewhere.
    Have you contacted your local disability advocacy service at all? They might be able to help or have some idea of what you can do.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The schools that Mrs Harvey said are the ones in qld. The schools need to complete a mass of paperwork to send them there, but it's the end of the line for kids who repeatedly get expelled.

I'm assuming you are out of the schools catchment area and they refused his enrollment after 2 weeks, rather than expelling after 2 weeks? That is very quick turn around if expulsion and I would be fighting that. Process needs to be followed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Acadaca For This Useful Post:

harvs  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I've just moved here from Malaysia. I have a 4.5 year old who's suspected of having dyspraxia. He's meant to start kindergarten next year but I have no idea which are the schools which have good support for special needs children. I haven't found a place to live yet as I'm looking for the right school and then did a place to rent nearby. Would anyone be able to help? Any recommendations on which schools offer the best support ? I'm open to any areas.. Thanks so much in advance 😊😊