+ Reply to Thread

Default HCG level rising after falling

Hello all

I wondered whether anyone has had an experience like mine?

I fell pregnant with twins after doing a frozen embryo transfer in January (just one embryo transferred but split). At 7 weeks both babies had heartbeats and were growing, although one was slightly smaller than the other. At 8 weeks both heartbeats were lost and we were advised that we had a missed miscarriage . This was my second missed miscarriage after a natural pregnancy 5 years ago ended around the same time.

My FS advised against a D&C. So, it took at least a month for any bleeding to start, and that lasted for around 2 weeks. It was not especially painful or heavy.

Since then my FS has been tracking my bHCG levels and they have been falling very very slowly.

On 1 July (3 months after mc) I had a blood test and HCG was 160. Finally, I thought - close to the end! Then today I had another blood test and the levels have gone up to 190

I am going in for an ultrasound on Thursday to see what is going on. My FS thinks there is either some retained product, or a new pregnancy. As much as I would like the second to be true, I have a feeling that the miscarriage was incomplete.

I just wondered whether anyone else had experienced a rise in HCG after miscarriage, and what the outcome was? I'm feeling pretty puzzled.

North West Sydney
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had retained products and ended up with an infection. Get checked ASAP. Good luck, hope all is ok.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

JennyRico  (15-07-2014)